PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone expirimented with a LVZX pipe and rollers on an '09 Piaggio yet?

LKB3rd
07-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Since I finally have my scoot all broken in and running smoothly, I am gearing up to add a Leo Vince exhaust, and I am thinking of trying 5 gram or 4.5 gram roller weights with it, since this seems to be in the ballpark range of others using the Piaggio Purejets.
Has anyone done any expiriments, or does anyone have an '09 with a leo Vince pipe working well yet?

Ärräksä
07-18-2008, 05:51 AM
I have an 09 SR carb model with piaggio engine (it's wierd that you guys say 09 :D) and I'm thinking of purchasing a LV zx for it becouse my Yasuni R never arrived. So far what I've heard the rollers are correct usually at the range of 4,7-5,5g but I would also like to know that have you zx guys changed clutch springs and other stuff?

Mr. Scootswell
07-18-2008, 08:18 AM
(it's wierd that you guys say 09 :D)

Thats because this 1 forum is for a bunch of different bikes. It makes things
very confusing. :bangwall:

Anyways, your carb model will be a different situation all together. The
carb model uses returned gases from the pipe, where the injector bikes that
we get here in the states only send exhaust out.

muchacho
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Thats because this 1 forum is for a bunch of different bikes. It makes things
very confusing. :bangwall:

Anyways, your carb model will be a different situation all together. The
carb model uses returned gases from the pipe, where the injector bikes that
we get here in the states only send exhaust out.

Yes - let's make a new forum every year? Araksa - you want to be in the carbed forum (sorry, not as much activity there as there is here).

Dragster pilota
07-18-2008, 09:38 AM
mr scootswell in da house:
your carb model will be a different situation all together. The carb model uses returned gases from the pipe, where the injector bikes that we get here in the states only send exhaust out.

How come then the LeoVince ZX Chrome pipe that everybody around here raves about on the Piaggio motorized Factory has the same parts number 4028C for both injected & carb version Aprilia with Piaggio motor????? I guess LeoVince thinks it makes no diffrence if it's for a carb or injected motor...

What I have heard and know of there are only 2 pipes designed on and for injected motors, Polini Super Race is available for Aprilia/Morini motors and maybe now also for Piaggio Pure Jet (I don't know that 100%) and Jolly Moto that at the moment only have a pipe for the Aprilia/Morini motor but one for the Factory with Piaggio is on the way I have been told by them. And yes these pipes looks verry diffrent from "regular" pipes like the ZX, Yasuni, etc. although Polini has hid the strange looking pipe inside a "normal looking" pipe wich Jolly Moto does not....

http://www.starol.se/images/framsidan/200708/Clip.jpg

DP says: But you are right saying an injected 2-stroker does NOT work the same way as a carburated...

Strong Bad
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Leg fitte a pa bode!!!!

At least, I hope my Norsk pronunciation is better than my spelling! :D

How's life in Sweden?

Mr. Scootswell
07-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes - let's make a new forum every year? Araksa - you want to be in the carbed forum (sorry, not as much activity there as there is here).

Every year would be drastic. But for every different model would be nice. It seems to me, that there is only a few main types of SR's that people talk about. Morinis, Piaggios, and carbed versions of minarelli and piaggios. That would be 4 forums at the most.

Mr. Scootswell
07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
How come then the LeoVince ZX Chrome pipe that everybody around here raves about on the Piaggio motorized Factory has the same parts number 4028C for both injected & carb version Aprilia with Piaggio motor????? I guess LeoVince thinks it makes no diffrence if it's for a carb or injected motor...

Its no secret that the Leo Vince ZX pipe is not the best for carbed bikes. Granted I have one on my minarelli 50cc carbed, but its a stock 50cc. The only thing that the same part number means, is it fits both bikes. It doesn't mean that it is designed for both bikes.
People can rave all they want. But remember its the same people that say the stock morini variator is better than a multivar, and that the Malossi delta clutch sucks.

Roost has made pipes that smoke all other pipes for injectors bikes(from what I hear). I've been trying to contact him.
http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/f74/problem-malossi-70cc-purejet-65828/

THE MAX
07-18-2008, 11:07 AM
DP says: But you are right saying an injected 2-stroker does NOT work the same way as a carburated...Thats corect ......

-There typial powerband (could) asks for differend pipe's ..........

BUT > The cylinder porting ,the cylinder scavenging,the pulsworking,and the exhaust working is 'just' same shit..........you don't change the 2stroke concept by adding the fuel in a other way

Edit >
As for the 4028C.......IF i am correct it is listed as carb pipe and it doesn't hold the 'euro approval' ......

-For that reason I pointed it as 'it could be the faster pipe' above the version that LV list for DI-tech version of the PIA engine (partnr 7XXX ? )