PDA

View Full Version : ECU not responding, why?

rosmc_rd
07-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi

I have tried on a 2:nd hand Aprilia (2006) SR50 DiTech with the latest software (gameboy) and I endup getting "ECU not connected". I suspect it's the Gameboy color itself, since it doesn't even work on a new (2008) DiTech Aprilia.

I have an "APMS" code or something but it's only 4 numbers, and I need like 5 (?!).

The gameboy runs on 3Volt, and where I worked earlier it ran on 6Volt.. I think (guessing) that's where the problem is.

The rev. on the SR50 DiTech is rather high (around ~2000Rpm) when in Idle. And it doesn't respond so fast on the throttle as it should...
The warranty for the customer is gone, since he tried to mount CCFL to the scooter. I also changed the sparkplug, since it was:
1.Lose
2.The electrode(s) were in a very bad shape.

I do not feel like removing the fuel injector at this time since we take about 650:- SEK/hour to do work on it. The Orbital software is directly from Aprilia (we service/sell Aprilia).

I do know however that the 50cc scooters sometimes need to get some of the "hardware" changed, but this is ridiculous. This one is only 2 years old (exactly 2 years old this month)..

On Monday I shall try and get the software/hardware for a Laptop to connect instead of using a gameboy. There seems to be something very wrong with this scooter.

However, if anyone can give any tip(s) I would be very thankful for it. Perhaps we can exchange some "information" this way on how to make them more stable.

I also have "prototypes" of the parts that wear out most (made of TiNi instead of plastic etc.)

Dragster pilota
07-16-2008, 05:06 AM
rosmc rd in da house:
ECU not responding, why?

To be able to connect the GameBoy you have to go in the diplay (code 45256) and turn off the display so the ECU will talk to the GameBoy instead of the diplay...

DP says: Easy as pie...

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Dashboard disconnect, is the item you are looking for in the diagnostics menu. Even with the dash out of the loop it often takes 5-10 attempts to get a successful flash to the ecu.

toxic-erik
07-16-2008, 03:52 PM
it could also be that the red "kill switch" on your right hand, is in position "off".
this will also make you lose conection with the ecu.

"Micah"
Even with the dash out of the loop it often takes 5-10 attempts to get a successful flash to the ecu.

-are you seriuos...??

it have never happened to me.

dirthawker1313
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
sorry fot the thread hijack but where can i get the gameboy interface cable? i dont trust the dealer here to do anything.

D1Rhino
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
I couldn't get my ECU to Re-flash either. It turned out that my kill switch was bad. So I ordered another one and then I was able to re-flash.

SilverSurfer
08-20-2008, 02:17 AM
I couldn't get my ECU to Re-flash either. It turned out that my kill switch was bad. So I ordered another one and then I was able to re-flash.

Your kill-switch was bad, but the scooter still ran? My brother's trying to help someone flash their ECU, but the Gameboy/ECU don't see each other.... I'm not sure where to start looking....

06spidey2
08-20-2008, 08:34 AM
sorry fot the thread hijack but where can i get the gameboy interface cable? i dont trust the dealer here to do anything.

I got mine at AF1racing.
www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=6216