PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel sad when your scoot goes in the shop?

Ableto
07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok, the day was normal, went to work like normal, the scoot was doing as it always did, and that was run fine. Got off from work and went to the scooter place to see why they havent replied to my email on if they can get me the spark plugs i needed.

Got there and found out the lady that was ordering all the parts and to check prices ether up and quit or got fired. So it will be another day or so on if i can get the spark plugs. Went to leave and my scooter would not start. Tried again after a few mins to see if it was flooded, and it didnt start. the power was their but no banging in the chamber. Battery went a little low after 4 trys. We charged up the battery to see if it was the battery, it wasnt it.

So now we will have to see why it wont start.

Now im sad i dont have my scoot to scoot around with. I now have to drive my stationwagon.

muchacho
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Everytime, it feels like a little piece of me dies.

I have even had withdrawal symptom - people started asking me why I looked depressed.

blue rocket
07-16-2008, 07:27 AM

I have even had withdrawal symptom - people started asking me why I looked depressed.

lmao, you guys crack me up...

mine will be headed to the shop thursday to hopefully fix my fuel and oil leaks. I don't have a lot of confidence in my dealer, but hopefully they can take care of this and not destroy my scoot!

roiegat
07-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I had it bad...went in for 5000 tune-up and an oil leak...it took them 3 weeks to get to part and fix it. I was sad the whole time. It was great weather to ride to work and I got depressed everytime I'd think about how much gas money I'm wasting driving my SUV to work.

Not only that, but since there are tons more motorcycles on the road these days even looking at them reminded me that I missed my scooter.

Thanksfully she's back in my hands now. Been riding to work everyday this week. Installed the GPS on her and an accessory plug. Looking forward to a long weekend ride.

muchacho
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I got depressed everytime I'd think about how much gas money I'm wasting driving my SUV to work.:plus:

tstodda
07-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Dropped my SR off for derestriction at the local(only) dealer, on top of the rediculous price they explained to me no appointments on derestriction and they are booked for 2 weeks out, so my luck ill have it in August. Someday I will open a shop that offers service rental scooters (yeah right) and same day servicing with appointments. Maybe even on staff counseling to help cope the pain of being without a scooter especially during those 73 degree no wind sunny afternoons...:blah:

MisterSprinkles
07-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Dropped my SR off for derestriction at the local(only) dealer, on top of the rediculous price they explained to me no appointments on derestriction and they are booked for 2 weeks out, so my luck ill have it in August. Someday I will open a shop that offers service rental scooters (yeah right) and same day servicing with appointments. Maybe even on staff counseling to help cope the pain of being without a scooter especially during those 73 degree no wind sunny afternoons...:blah:

Call your shop back
tell them they are idiots

go down there, make them reflash the ECU infront of you in 120 seconds, which is how long it takes.

Get the roller weights and take the bike home and install the rollers and remove the TB plate yourself. Both are very easy.

Also, tell your dealer you're paying $20 to have the ECU reflashed and he's lucky to get that.

tstodda
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
This dealer has been selling Aprilia since the invention of the wheel, and they know they are the only ones in town especially on the scooter side. I know a big deal with this brand is the lack of knowledge the dealers carry...and this one seems to know more than the others (however not a fraction of the knowledge found in this forum :worship:) When I was in there shopping I noticed a 2004 in the garage with a nice layer of dust on it, I asked him if it was a used bike for sale and I got back no thats in for service.........Make a long story short ill be picking my remapped SR(long phone convincing ahead) up and putting the weights in myself and removing a washer...those weights just strap(masking tape) on the wheels right? More momentum, no?:kidding:

blue rocket
07-17-2008, 04:10 PM
so depressed, my SR50 is now in the shop, no idea how long it will be there.

MisterSprinkles
07-17-2008, 04:12 PM
This dealer has been selling Aprilia since the invention of the wheel, and they know they are the only ones in town especially on the scooter side. I know a big deal with this brand is the lack of knowledge the dealers carry...and this one seems to know more than the others (however not a fraction of the knowledge found in this forum :worship:) When I was in there shopping I noticed a 2004 in the garage with a nice layer of dust on it, I asked him if it was a used bike for sale and I got back no thats in for service.........Make a long story short ill be picking my remapped SR(long phone convincing ahead) up and putting the weights in myself and removing a washer...those weights just strap(masking tape) on the wheels right? More momentum, no?:kidding:

I cringed at the last sentence until I saw the kidding smiley... :P

lol

Ya its surprisingly easy, even for a tool like myself, to do most of the basic stuff on the bike. Filling it with two stroke oil, changing transmission fluid, changing roller weights, the belt, etc. You can save a few dollars on labour by doing your own basic stuff like that. Its very easy and if you get stuck just relax for 4 hours while your post gets answered with pictures usually because its a very good forum.

MisterSprinkles
07-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Its just a thing man. :burnout:

Ableto
07-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Since most of the shops are selling scooters like mad and ppl wanting to ride their old scooter they had in the garage like forever. The shop where i have my scooter at has a 3 week waiting list. He said he will get to mine when he can, but says it will take time.

Yesterday i saw 2 other SR50's. One was white and the other was red. Made me wish i had my scooter.

But i desided to trade one of my old RC trucks to my friend for his old scooter so i can fix it up.

blue rocket
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Since most of the shops are selling scooters like mad and ppl wanting to ride their old scooter they had in the garage like forever. The shop where i have my scooter at has a 3 week waiting list. He said he will get to mine when he can, but says it will take time.

Yesterday i saw 2 other SR50's. One was white and the other was red. Made me wish i had my scooter.

But i desided to trade one of my old RC trucks to my friend for his old scooter so i can fix it up.

well, i'm pleasantly surprised by my dealer. they called me today, already fixed the oil leak coming from the oil pump and they have determined that the fuel pump was faulty and have a new one on order. They also took out the variator ring. hopefully if all goes well and they get the fuel pump in soon... i'll have my scoot back by the weekend!

:burnout:

:cheers:

Dazed_n_confuse
07-22-2008, 04:57 AM
I havent ridden my SR since around April/May now :pissed:

Had to install a new crank which took forever because I couldnt get hold of a new crank anywhere. Then I've had problems ever since with the engine so it's going to the dealer this week and I have no idea how serious the problem is or how long it will be in there.

And yes it does make me depressed because it's my only form of transport and it's summer holidays now and all my mates are riding around on theres and I'm stuck at home :bangwall: Especially the fact it hasnt been running for around 3 months :pissed: