PDA

View Full Version : Present from my wife

Sinistermille
12-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, I got my gift early. Yesterday to be exact. Here's the story:

I had a flaw in the gas tank of my Factory so the dealer ordered a replacement under the warranty. I get the call that the tank is in last week. Finally on Tues I was able to drop it off.

This was happening in the background:
someone ordered the Aprilia Racing Akra full system and it arrived, however the person didn't want it. The dealer called me on Thurs(last week) and asked if I did. I wasn't ready to pay the $1900 so I declined. Sat. my buddies and I drive up to Long Beach for the bike show and of course I couldn't stop pondering the system. And then of course the Aprilia booth unveils the Nero which has the same set up installed. ok unknowingly this week, my wife had made contact with the dealer to see when the bike would be ready and the sale was made. Of course, also my wife called my buddy and asked his opinion. Of course he mentioned that I wouldn't shut up all day Sat about them. She calls the dealer back and gives the thumbs up. Also forgetting that I had a $400 dollar parts credit from a certificate that Aprilia sent me for problems I had with my Futura dash. In closing, yesterday my wife calls my boss and asks if I can leave work early in advance then calls me and says you should ask if you can leave early since my parents are coming in on Sat and we have errands to run. So I call him and he is cool about it. Then my wife says oh by the way the bike is ready we should run by and pick it up since we will be out. Get there, and I notice that the tech is rolling out a Factory with the system and I am like bro that one's not mine.. BAAAM, my lovely wife says yes it is Merry Xmas. I was going nuts!! Fired it up and oh that sweet thunder. So, tomorrow is my 1st ride with the new setup. I can only imagine how sick it's gonna be.. On the way home I found out how many people were involved in the gift. I was very impressed.

I am the luckiest man alive!!

Later, thanks for reading the story.

Sinister Mille

confucius
12-19-2003, 05:04 PM
your wife is the shit!

make sure you thank her properly if you know what i mean.

Dvus
12-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Brought tears to my eyes bro.

Thunder Factory
12-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Not that's what I call a Christmas present, forget the monetary thing, I'm talking about the work involved in setting it up.

Enjoy the bike tomorrow!:banana:

:peace:

Sinistermille
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by confucius
your wife is the shit!

Yeap Yeap!! ;)

Arnie
12-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Dude!!!
That is awesome!!! Doesn't get any better than that!!

parkec
12-19-2003, 07:36 PM
WoW!!!!!

vtrandall
12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
does she have a sister?
:-)

FactoryPilot
12-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Man, that's awesome guy...congratulations!!!

Now post some pictures and a sound clip dammit :D

X-CBR MAN
12-19-2003, 10:13 PM
That brought tears to me eyes, what a sweet wooman you have there bub:D

r100gs
12-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Your Wife reminds me of mine. I know you are a lucky man. They are rare breeds they are! :cool:

Rutan
12-21-2003, 05:42 AM
Wow, awsome wife. I dont know what I would do if my wife did that. I might ask her what she wanted.

Marcus

DRT-Tuning
12-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by confucius
your wife is the shit!

Yeah...make sure you give her a good ride....on the Factory ofcourse. :D

996tturbo
12-22-2003, 05:40 PM
very nice, great planning, merry christmas

Sinistermille
12-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by FactoryPilot
Man, that's awesome guy...congratulations!!!

Now post some pictures and a sound clip dammit :D

I will be able to manage this over the next week or so, heading out now for a quick ride before our family gets here.

Late,
Sinister

Sinistermille
12-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have been sharing them with Adriana and she thinks you all are wonderful too. :D

Take care and Happy Holidays from us to you.

scott2ride
12-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Sniff sniff.... I'm crying as I write this....:crybaby: You must have been a very good boy this year!