PDA

View Full Version : MANA, what a great bike...

olie
07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I had a great time today at AF1. Micah fixed the rear brake of my Tuono together with the decision to use my favorite pads (on CapoNord). Riding back home through the backroads, I felt the rear brake like...perfect. Hopefully it will stay that way for long time.THANKS Micah

In addition to that, I had the pleasure to ride the ...MANA. I am shocked and almost speachless. :worship::worship: Perfect commuter bike, great ergos, seamless transmission, and it zips, even with my tall and heavy body!!! Very smooth using the Touring mode and quite aggressive with Sport mode. If this bike were a 1200cc I am sure I would have taken to my garage. Remember I ride long distance 2up with my wife, also tall and not that light.

switchback
07-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Test rode a Mana .

If I could describe the Mana in one word it would be REVOLUTIONARY!!! The CVT transmission is absolutely awesome. Basically put the thing in touring mode and go. I thought that I would be tempted to shift the bike and instinctively grab for a clutch. I was wrong, the bike runs in its sweet spot all the time. Since the engine is never over revving or bogging there is never a time when your senses tell you to shift. The only time when you want to shift is when you would like some extra engine braking. When the revs drop near idle the transmission disengages and down shifting is a good thing when descending hills, or slowing at a light. Other than those situations you really don't want or need to shift.

In stop and go traffic you come to a light and can let go of the bars without worry of lurching forward and stalling. There is no fiddling with neutral, forgetting to downshift, or letting the clutch out too fast and stalling it is just not possible to screw up in traffic (other than being stupid).

Acceleration is spirited, smooth and seamless. You will never feel a shift because there isn't one. The CVT continually adjusts to keep you in the sweet spot.

As for ergonomics, the seat is firm but comfortable. A passenger can ride with relative comfort and will be happy that their knees aren't wedged up around their ears like so many Japanese bikes (Has Japan forgot about passenger comfort altogether?). Don't get me wrong this is still a standard and not a luxury tourer but overall comfort should be good for a couple hours anyway.

Handling is quick and responsive and the brakes seem to work well. The Suspension is stiff but not overly so and bumps are controlled well. I liked the small nimble feel of the bike.

Overall, anyone who commutes daily should check the Mana out and take a ride. Instead of stating the type and skill of rider who should buy the bike I will say if you are a sport rider, and like to ring every ounce of power from your sport bike on track days the Mana is probably not for you, but you will still be impressed by the engineering. For anyone else who wants a naked bike for anything from commuting to canyon carving, to touring check it out. I think you will be impressed.

Unfortunately, I do believe this may be one of those "best bikes no one bought" because of the automatic stigma. I hope this is not the case because the Mana is one outstanding motorcycle, so good it may find its way to a garage near me.:)

groovymaster
07-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I do believe this may be one of those "best bikes no one bought" because of the automatic stigma.

Also, seat is too high for most women.

olie
07-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Also, seat is too high for most women.
...another excuse. When they want something they will get it. BTW, they always can use high heels:happy:

roachie
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
...another excuse. When they want something they will get it. BTW, they always can use high heels:happy:

:plus:

I have a 32 inch inseam, and the bike is a perfect height for me. But I do wear these boots with it when I'm riding to work. :)

http://www.cyclegear.com/images/WmnsStreetApparel/icon%20women%20bombshell%20boot_310x310.jpg

Regarding the passenger seat....I wanted to get a good feel for it, so I got on the back while my husband drove. It was very awkward finding a place for my feet...the passenger pegs are very close to the front pegs and his heels. When I moved my feet back, one of them was sitting on the exhaust "guard". The seat was pretty comfy, though.

I DO LOVE THIS BIKE! :burnout:

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Olie, just in case you questioned my love of the new Mana...all I can say is that it is parked in my garage again tonight. Thanks to whoever left the drinks in the trunk/tank, that was a nice touch.

motokitty
07-14-2008, 12:27 AM
OK, so I have a 35" inseam so no problems there -- but I LOVE those boots !! Roachie -- make & model, please !! :lover:

Katrina

roachie
07-14-2008, 04:18 AM
OK, so I have a 35" inseam so no problems there -- but I LOVE those boots !! Roachie -- make & model, please !! :lover:

Katrina

They are the Icon, Womens Bombshell Boots. I also have the matching pants - equally as comfortable and cool looking. :)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/45/2213/ITEM/Icon-Womens-Bombshell-Boots.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/50/2186/ITEM/Icon-Womens-Bombshell-Pants.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/Video.aspx?I=2213-Womens+Bombshell+Boots&V=08_Icon_Bombshell_Ladies_Boot.flv

(I found them much cheaper on eBay - brand new with tags...)

olie
07-14-2008, 02:13 PM
this thread without pics is worthless!!!