PDA

View Full Version : Annoying shop employees...

MisterSprinkles
07-12-2008, 10:34 AM
So Im sparkplug shopping. Call this place.

"Got these plugs:?

NGK CR7EIX, CPR7E, ZMR7AP

He tells me that the last one doesn't even exist. I let it slide (its rare) then he says he can't get the 7E, and that he wants $10 more for the EIX than its worth, then he starts asking me what bike its for and starts trying to find equivalents and Im telling him I already know all the equivalents and I don't want them and he starts arguing with me like I dont know what I'm talking about...

Anyways... he was a special little man...

Maybe I'll call him back and start suggesting things for the KTM bikes he sells that I've never ridden before.

06spidey2
07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
sparkplugs.com is a great comparison site to use for prices, stock #, etc. I hear ya on annoying shopmites, but they are paid to suggest something that has been gaining dust on the shelf. I get the same crap, even worse, when they try to look up an Aprilia SR50 in their data base. It pays to bring our own knowledge to the sales counter. Try that site, you'll like it.

.::sTocKSr5O::.
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I remember asking once for an NGK plug, and the guy starts flicking through a Champion catalogue! :bond:

The best place for plugs I feel is the local Bike Shop as they have to stock a variety of plugs for different bikes/applications. Pick up the day you walk in the door and plonk it in your bike :)