PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP BEER--I'M BUYING......

motomike
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS...Laguna Seca!:plus:

A true CA moto festival happening:plus:

Anyone planning to attend 1 of the FREE FAN parties?;
1) Fri 5-7pm Parts Unlimited Hospitality, Area Turn 5
2) Sat 5-7pm Yamaha Marketplace, Lakebed

Half the fun is making the journey out West to one of the best places in this country for racing, wine & women....etc...etc...:plus:

Who's riding in & from where?

Mike:cheers:

jetfever
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
I did not know about the Yamaha party Sat. I'll be camping at the track and I'll stop by!:cheers:

My favorite part of the weekend besides the Race was the Cannery Row bike fest Sat. night, but that has changed so much, I don't need to see the new crowd/ bikes, and the cops shutting down Row parking by 8 pm etc.

It just got better and better every year, peaking with Rothwell doing his stunts on the Row, everyone behind the bikes as a barrier!

I still can't believe he did this on the Row, 1,000s of people on the sidewalk, but the tire marks were there a year later!

http://www.garyrothwell.com/Gallery/MOVIES/movies.html

motomike
07-03-2008, 10:41 PM
My favorite part of the weekend besides the Race was the Cannery Row bike fest Sat. night, but that has changed so much, I don't need to see the new crowd/ bikes, and the cops shutting down Row parking by 8 pm etc.

Absolutely was my fav part also....Have not seen it since 2001 ! More than excited to go back & see whatever is left! The last Cannery Row action I got to witness was the motorbike cops actually crashing in the middle of the street taking off to go nab a hooligan. The crowd roared with laughter & cheering! Absolutely fabulous when he repeated his crash a second time! Even funnier was when he returned on a different cop bike....the crowd recognized him..... & then clapped & cheered him upon his return! We're talking the entire cannery row, not just a few people! Absolutely the best entertainment possible!:plus:

Did you get the on-track camping area? I looked into that but it was long gone by the time I got organized. I will be camping at the beach however for a great Plan B!

Mike:cheers:

jetfever
07-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I remember that! I did not realize the cop came back on another bike.:happy:

Last few years, the Cops will not let you into Cannery Row after 8 pm or so. This means every vacant/ vacated parking slot goes unfilled on the Row, while riders have to search high and low for parking elsewhere, on steep hills!:eek: This also causes an early end to the "Party".

The Row crowd is different as well, with gang/posers who don't even go to the track.:pissed:

My friend has motor home parking in the northwest corner of the track, above "Rainy Curve". We will have a tent with a couple near the awning, so I really can't invite any more sleeping bags over, but you are all welcome to come by for a beer! :cheers:

motomike
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Last few years, the Cops will not let you into Cannery Row after 8 pm or so. This means every vacant/ vacated parking slot goes unfilled on the Row, while riders have to search high and low for parking elsewhere, on steep hills!:eek: This also causes an early end to the "Party".

The Row crowd is different as well, with gang/posers who don't even go to the track.:pissed:

That is a total shame that that is their solution. I remember that the cops got overwelmed quickly & easily years ago. W/ the ever increasing popularity, it sounds like they just pulled the plug on the whole thing & shut it down b4 it even gets started.....

My friend has motor home parking in the northwest corner of the track, above "Rainy Curve". We will have a tent with a couple near the awning, so I really can't invite any more sleeping bags over, but you are all welcome to come by for a beer! :cheers:

May take you up on that beer! I'll be, @ sometime during the 3 days, walking the entire track, inspecting all the camp grounds, looking for the best potential tent reserved spots for next year. I've been told to def avoid the general camping over the hill due to the chaos that usually develops...

:cheers: