PDA

View Full Version : Oldie riding RS50

villaman
06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi, I have returned to biking at the age of 50, I have got an RS50, this may be a stupid question but can anyone tell me if it has a choke or is it automatic choke?

My RS50 is a 1999 model. (T plate)

Cheers

rs50 '03 steve
06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
there will be a slider lever on the left handle bar, thats the choke. happy riding

DJKAL
06-28-2008, 11:37 AM
RS50 '03 steve - you are wrong for the 99 bike.

on your model Villaman it is a manual choke, on one side of your frame, infront of the seat is a sticker which says 'Choke' and an arrow. you'll need to put your hand in there and feel for it, after a few times you'll get it straight away - you may even be able to see it by looking down the gap between the frame and fairing.
from memory - i think it's on the right, but wouldn't say i am 100% certain.

villaman
06-28-2008, 01:01 PM
RS50 '03 steve - you are wrong for the 99 bike.

on your model Villaman it is a manual choke, on one side of your frame, infront of the seat is a sticker which says 'Choke' and an arrow. you'll need to put your hand in there and feel for it, after a few times you'll get it straight away - you may even be able to see it by looking down the gap between the frame and fairing.
from memory - i think it's on the right, but wouldn't say i am 100% certain.

Thanks DJKAL, I have found the lever you mention, at the moment it is in the "up" position, however when I push it down it doesnt stay down, it comes back to the up position; I'll see if I can tighten it up. thanks for your help mate.
Villaman