PDA

View Full Version : SR 50 in cold weather, and Q about pipes

Justskipee
12-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Hello,
I finally have my new SR 50 2003 ditech GP-1 replica, but now its having trouble in the cold. Does any one else have trouble starting it in colder weather. I'm in Wisconsin, and when I take the scooter to class and leave it outside for an hour or two in about 20 degree weather, it barely starts. I have to try starting it like 3-6 times with holding it 5 seconds each time, then it finally starts. Is this normal? please help me.

On a separate note, is it a good move to put on a pipe, like the guinelli? Does it do anything, is it safe?

MOLECULAR-SR50
12-16-2003, 06:51 PM
The cold rob's you of cranking power.Is there a place to plug in a battery tender?Or inside?If not,I would charge/tend batt at home every nite.There's very little juice in those 4ah batt's.

Jebediah
12-17-2003, 02:33 PM
about 20 degree

thats cold for you?

Justskipee
12-17-2003, 04:26 PM
Its cold for a scooter!! Here in Madison Wisconsin it gets colder than 20 of course.

Jebediah
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
when i go to school in the morning its about -2 degress

my scooter starts after 5sec and i ride on ;)

TiminIndy
12-17-2003, 11:34 PM
I have the same problem, but only when it get's down to the low 20's (F). Seems to do it even when battery is fully charged, if it sits out too long in the cold.

Is a battery tender something you permanently keep on the scoot? (I have a full size charger with 2 amp trickle down)

srditech/repsol
12-19-2003, 11:42 AM
hey this may be a bit dumb...but when u try and start it do u hold the throttle down??? when i first picked up my ditech (03) i jus tried doing both at same time and was corrected by the dealer... the injection system does it for u....well good luck anyway.

macdiva
12-19-2003, 05:06 PM
I suck --my baby started right up last week, when it was 0 degrees (Madison, WI, too!). She is in an unheated garage, however, but I wasn't expecting a peep from her when she cranked right up. I suppose I should get a battery tender jr...

Keep us posted on your glitch.