PDA

View Full Version : umm.. Hi

Motor-mad
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
hello, i new here and i got 2001 aprilia RS50, love it soo much

i havent done much on my bike but i wanten to respery my bike, back loin, bit of carbon, twin pipe etc... i love to hear anything about it or show me a website from you just :D but i bit in tight price mate :(

cheers and hello to you all :cheers:

luigi1991
06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
learn to make sence would be the first thing.
dont get the twin pipes as they look crap and dont really do much performance wise.
if your 16 get it restricted or its illegal.
and welcome

Motor-mad
06-19-2008, 02:09 PM
learn to make sence would be the first thing.
dont get the twin pipes as they look crap and dont really do much performance wise.
if your 16 get it restricted or its illegal.
and welcome

cheers mate but i find twin pipe is cool :)

ajrhythm
06-19-2008, 03:33 PM
never seen the twin pipe so cant comment, but im sure it would look good. but performance wouldnt differ i dont think.

and hey to you too!

bobboash
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
hey,
ignore the grumpy comments you will get used to them.
i think twin pipes are cool aswell although there is better exhausts you can get for your money. sa for spraying your bike i wouldnt advise it unless you know you can make a good job of it not just try lol.

Rs50_2007kris
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
oh luigi that was so welcoming of you haha ;) , i like the endy twin pipes, although for the old style rs50 the leo vince one is popular, and supposed to be really good. I wouldnt spray the bike yourself if you have no experience mind. Whats the bikes set up at the moment, in the way of de-restrictions,exhasuts,carbs,bbk etc...

luigi1991
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
hey,
ignore the grumpy comments you will get used to them.
i think twin pipes are cool aswell although there is better exhausts you can get for your money. sa for spraying your bike i wouldnt advise it unless you know you can make a good job of it not just try lol.

why did u sell the rs for a ped?

Rs50_2007kris
06-19-2008, 04:05 PM
i was wondering that too, strange.

bourney2007
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
because there was alot of repair work needed on his RS and it would cost alot to repair and the only RS's quite close to him were loads of money, i remember him posting it. Yes i'm that sad lol.

Ok, well twin pipes don't look that bad but performance wise they're supposed to be crap. You could get a much better performing pipe for around the same money as a twin.
Spraying will cost quite abit to have done, i wouldn't recommened doing it yourself unless you know excatly what you're doing.
I don't know what bit of carbon you want but if you mean carbon levers etc then personally i'd leave it and save my money, especially if you're on a tight budget.
I'm not sure what a back loin is so can't comment on that.

What are you thinking of doing performance wise? or are you only interested in looks?

There are quite a few good sites. PM tuning, PJ 2-stroke engineers, adrenalin ped-stop.
Just google scooter tuning website or something along those lines and loads of sites will come up.

bobboash
06-20-2008, 03:58 AM
why did u sell the rs for a ped?

i didnt want to but had to as my rs failed its mot and was going to cost about 300 pounds to repair and as i dont have that money i strait swapped it for the ped which is newer and has less miles. its only untill im 17 anyway. i do miss my rs though.

luigi1991
06-20-2008, 05:28 AM
wat was going to cost 300pound to fix?

bobboash
06-20-2008, 02:36 PM

yes. the rs was old and tatty

bobboash
06-20-2008, 02:40 PM

needed new forks, new head bearings and new rear shock were the bad things and then there was loads or other things like a bit of welding needed doing and loose things. alot of i could have done myself but the bike wasnt worth the money or the time to be honest.