PDA

View Full Version : KX or Mx

janesy
06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I have the opertunity to get either the KX50 or the MX50 for the same price and was just wandering as to wether anyone has first hand expirance with both and could point out any advantages that one has other the other.

thnx janesy

mx50boy
06-13-2008, 02:54 PM
do you mean the RX50?

dont think there is a 50cc called a KX50 is there?

janesy
06-13-2008, 02:57 PM
hahha yeah i did mate, musta got confused, talkin to my mate on msn about KX's hahah miles away, but yeah i did...

mx50boy
06-13-2008, 03:03 PM
lol

for the road i would say that the mx would be better as it has equal sized wheels and has road tyres on. The RX is basically the same bike just with a bigger front wheel and with off road tyres

janesy
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
ahh alrite, cheers mate, ill go for the MX then.

TehBenny
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM
i have a RX50, and just cuz it comes standard with lumpy tyres dont mean u cant change them.

i like the looks of the RX50 much more, but this probably cuz i have one myself. get a RX50!!! lol :happy: :happy:

*Edit*

is it just me or does the RX50 look bigger aswell? but then size doesnt really matter? :)

mx50boy
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
still get better grip on the road with the MX tho because the wheels are smaller meaning you can get wider tyres for them compared to the RX which needs taller and narrower tyres to fit the rims

Sududri134
06-13-2008, 06:23 PM
you wish..

it's no problem changing the front wheel on the rx anyways..

And you can get wide tires with the stock wheels anyways..

And the tires/wheels aren't the only difference..

the brakes are also different, and I dont know exactly, but i think the front fork on the mx is shorter..

But I would get the rx, especially if you just got some little place, you can turn of the road, and have fun for a couple of minutes, before heading back into town, with great abilities on the road too :)

mx50boy
06-14-2008, 07:07 AM
you wish..

it's no problem changing the front wheel on the rx anyways..

And you can get wide tires with the stock wheels anyways..

And the tires/wheels aren't the only difference..

the brakes are also different, and I dont know exactly, but i think the front fork on the mx is shorter..

But I would get the rx, especially if you just got some little place, you can turn of the road, and have fun for a couple of minutes, before heading back into town, with great abilities on the road too :)

so why do supermoto bikes have equal wheels then? if your sayings you can get as much grip with taller thinner wheels, why arent race bikes like that then?

face it, the MX is better for the road as its got wheels and tyres designed for grip on the road.

also why would you want to go off road with a 50cc? they are crap off road as they dont have any power

RS01
06-14-2008, 08:55 AM
You cant get full sized kx if im right, so imply coz of the fact for learning ect the mx/rx...
And i think the 50 is only automatic mate which is a bummer

mikemx50
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
you can have fun off road on the mx50 aswell, just stay away from the deep mud, grass racing is fun with road tyers.

Sududri134
06-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I did not say the RX had as good grip as the mx at all, I just stated that the RX has more than enough grip for road riding..

So the RX can do both things well enough, as where the MX is just great at one thing, but sucks at the other..

I like having 50% at both, instead of having 0% at one of them ;)

01dabreoo
06-14-2008, 12:50 PM
MX tyres are safer in the rain.

Sududri134
06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Well, that should be a problem, cause offroad tires will do fine, as long as the rider doesn't push his tires limits..

And you do know when that is, you just do..

luigi1991
06-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Well, that should be a problem, cause offroad tires will do fine, as long as the rider doesn't push his tires limits..

And you do know when that is, you just do..

inexperienced riders will probably find it hard to guage the limit untill there over it

Sududri134
06-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Maybe.. :) even though, they come with offroad tires standard, so it shoulden't be that bad ;)

the only limit I had problems "gauging" at the beginning of riding, was when my brakes locked when I was braking :rolleyes:

luigi1991
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Maybe.. :) even though, they come with offroad tires standard, so it shoulden't be that bad ;)

the only limit I had problems "gauging" at the beginning of riding, was when my brakes locked when I was braking :rolleyes:

not everyone is 'as good' as you

Sududri134
06-14-2008, 04:16 PM
I dont think everybody had as much experience as I, the first time I rode on the road..

even though I do not consider myself even close a very good road rider..

I've most likely crashed more than about 50 times, seriously..

Cause I ride offroad, and I "Icerace"..

And from these, I learn the limits, that are on the road..

Not becouse I was born being a super road rider, that knew all the bikes limits, first time I rode on the road..

I did not start my bike adventures on the road..
And that's why brake locking was the only limit I had problem with, in the beginning.

PS. My advice to you would be to start being more friendly to everybody, no matter who starts a thread, or replies to something, you always have a insulting comment.. It wont gain you anything..

luigi1991
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
my advice to u is to read the thread
i mentioned nothing about your riding capability
if you dont have the aprilia anymore perhaps youd like to take yourself somewhere that wants to hear about your kx having 40hp

patchb
06-14-2008, 04:32 PM
I did not say the RX had as good grip as the mx at all, I just stated that the RX has more than enough grip for road riding..

So the RX can do both things well enough, as where the MX is just great at one thing, but sucks at the other..

I like having 50% at both, instead of having 0% at one of them ;)

You obviously dont ride it hard enough then. The Rx, is underpowered for proper offroading and the tyres stop it from being a good road bike, i don't see the point in it apart from styling and i think the MX looks better anyway.

patchb
06-14-2008, 04:34 PM
You obviously dont ride it hard enough then. The Rx, is underpowered for proper offroading and the tyres stop it from being a good road bike, i don't see the point in it apart from styling and i think the MX looks better anyway.

Oh and is this "iceracing" riding around on a bit of ice on your own? Like when you were going to spend 1000 for kit to ride your RX around a go kart track on your own pretending you were racing?? You seem to think you are the best rider ever.

Edit: why the fuck did i just quote myself?

Sududri134
06-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Edited.