PDA

View Full Version : Help Could this actually work?

crazycoleman118
06-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Well i brought a 1998 RS 50 Extrema for 250 as a project, with the hope of doing it up for when im 16, ive now been 16 for a mont and im becoming slightly impatient with not being able to get it running, i only need a few minor parts but i cant get them anywhere and i dont want to use aprilia as it will be stupidly expensive, so what i was thinking was....

i need a throttle twist grip unit part, so i was thinking about getting a universal one, would this work???

also, i cant get a starter button anywhere, so i was thinking about getting an alarm with a remote start on it, and using that to start the bike, so i wouldnt need to shed out a ton on a starter button,do you think this would work??

but i guess if someone has the parts then i could buy them from you :rolleyes:

any help would be apreciated

luigi1991
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
i have a handle bar switch for the newer model if itl work? with the throttle?

crazycoleman118
06-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Nah it wont work they changed it on the 1999 model unfortunatly lol

thanks anyway

01dabreoo
06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Just use any old push to make switch, may not be the prettiest, but would be a cheap fix until you were able to find a proper one.

crazycoleman118
06-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I think I'll Bite the bullet and buy from aprilia
even tho i'll have to wait an age for it to come :confused:
it'll cost about 50 odd from there i think :confused:

also, i was thinking, you know the under rear seat compartment on the Older RS50... do you reckon it would be hard to make that into a little like cubby hole with a bit of acrylic or fibreglass so it'll look quite good and stuff wont fall out?

Cypher
06-09-2008, 12:03 PM
This isnt really helpful to ur questions i know, but just wondering if ur interested in nose cone/L&R side panels for 98' model is pure black, no need for respray or anything, ready to put on the bike. i'll give them a wash/wax if ur interested? pm me with offer :)