PDA

View Full Version : Bikes back on

RS01
06-02-2008, 05:45 PM
right still up for the 22nd of june :)
but if anyone fancies it im definatly going matlock this sunday or saturday.
Can anyone make it if the weathers nice?

keeton.
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
yeah.

pics of bike.

bhinso
06-03-2008, 06:48 AM
What happened about last Sundays rideout?
I was all set to go then everyone stopped replying and it all dried up.

RS01
06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
I told you my bike wasnt working mate. Its all good now though

RS50-Derby
06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Im just about to get my hands on my first bike, a de-restricted 05 RS50. I aint 16 till late August but ill be on the road by start of September at latest.

Just drop us a message or somethin and ill go for a ride out, would be good to see what things you guys have done to yours, wanna get some confidence on it before throwing bigger carbs and more tooth sprockets etc.

Im from Ashbourne really, but its Derbyshire area

RS01
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
:D i will do matey
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/ss1002501dk8.jpg
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6995/ss100249as8.jpg

williamr
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Im just about to get my hands on my first bike, a de-restricted 05 RS50. I aint 16 till late August but ill be on the road by start of September at latest.

Just drop us a message or somethin and ill go for a ride out, would be good to see what things you guys have done to yours, wanna get some confidence on it before throwing bigger carbs and more tooth sprockets etc.

Im from Ashbourne really, but its Derbyshire area

As you don't have a licence for it at 16, and therefore no insurance, please crash it quickly before you have chance to cause any third party damage.

Rob

RS50-Derby
06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, thanks for that.

Im not stupid you know.

I know the bike is currently de-restricted (only through the exhaust i believe), i was considering putting a restricted stock back on it until i am used to it, then put the arrow exhaust currently fitted back on.

I already have the CBT booked for the day after my 16th, and i have the Provisional Forms already, just need to fill it out, i have got all insurance quotes for the bike already (200-Fire and Theft)

So with all respect, keep your smart arse comments to yourself.

Thanks

(Sweet lookin bike by the way)

bourney2007
06-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, thanks for that.

Im not stupid you know.

I know the bike is currently de-restricted (only through the exhaust i believe), i was considering putting a restricted stock back on it until i am used to it, then put the arrow exhaust currently fitted back on.

I already have the CBT booked for the day after my 16th, and i have the Provisional Forms already, just need to fill it out, i have got all insurance quotes for the bike already (200-Fire and Theft)

So with all respect, keep your smart arse comments to yourself.

Thanks

(Sweet lookin bike by the way)

Thats just Rob for you mate, everyone gets it don't worry about it. He has calmed down though, i think when i joined i was told to crash and die :S lol
He is very knowledgeable (spelling?) though.

200 is a decent quote mate.

It's up to you but personally i'd leave the arrow on. If you put the stock, restricted one on you won't have a powerband, then you put the arrow on and you have one, and it accelerates quicker, then you have to learn to ride with that pipe on. Just keep the arrow on lol.

bhinso
06-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Personally i think the police force should either crack down on de restricted bikes completely, or it should be legal, its just a mess as it is at the moment.
I mean whats the situation with cars? no power restriction there so a 17 year old can drive (and crash) anything if their parents are rich enough.
Welcome to the forum mate.

bhinso
06-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Oh and while im on my soap box (and still off topic) I think there should be more incentive to do the bike test.
I learnt a lot of stuff in my training like anticipating cars doing stupid things and stuff which is invaluable to riders of all ages.
I really don't think these new rules are going to help (restricting people till they're older) because they're going to keep more people just riding on L's

bourney2007
06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh and while im on my soap box (and still off topic) I think there should be more incentive to do the bike test.
I learnt a lot of stuff in my training like anticipating cars doing stupid things and stuff which is invaluable to riders of all ages.
I really don't think these new rules are going to help (restricting people till they're older) because they're going to keep more people just riding on L's

the problem is the restricted bikes are bloody dangerous. They simply don't have the speed to keep up with the flow of traffic.

I learn't all that in my CBT. as far as doing the full test goes. Yeah i'd do it, if it were free (or at least a lot cheaper), i can't afford to spend 100 on it.

bhinso
06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
lol really mate? your sig suggests you've spent a fair bit on mods for your bike :)

bourney2007
06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
lol really mate? your sig suggests you've spent a fair bit on mods for your bike :)

i disagree. Yeah i've spent a lot on my bike, but none of it (ok well a tenner on a new 15t front sprocket) on mods. The stuff listed there is new tires (old one's were cracked/worn), new wing mirror, new rear sprocket (other one was knackered) and stuff like that to get the bike up and running. I don't see the point in buying mods for a 50cc, i'd rather save my money. It goes about as fast as it's going to without spending hundreds on it for a few more mph.

williamr
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Im not stupid you know.

On a derestricted bike your licence and insurance certificate are only useful for wiping your arse when the cops pull you and you shit yourself.

You say you're not stupid. I have serious doubts.

bhinso - I agree that the rules should be changed. Until they are, anyone breaking them should just be taken out and shot.

Rob

RS01
06-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Yeah but but, then that would be breaking the law aswell. You cant win nowadays lol.

RS50-Derby
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Williamr/ Rob, or whatever your name is...you sound like my dad.

Only jokin, i see what you mean, it is illegal and i know it is, but at the end of the day, i live out in the countryside and i intend to use it on roads that the minimum speed is 45-50mph, doing 30mph is more dangerous than doing 70 down there.

I know the risks that if i stick it in a hedge or go over someones bonnet i wont be insured or legal.

Its whether i am willing to take the risk, and from the sounds of it, everyone else does.

I am not really fussed about its sound, at the end of the day its a 50cc, it aint meant to sound good, but such poor performance does worry me, im gonna see how i feel when i get it.