PDA

View Full Version : Malossi ditech kits in stock $399

Jon / AF1 Racing
12-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

We have the Ditech kits back in stock for $399. We only have about 5 left so get them while we have them.

Here is a dyno graph showing the difference in power the kit will make.

The red line is stock with 7.0gr rollers. It peaked at 4.8hp

The blue line is leo Vince ZX pipe with 7.0 gram rollers. It peaked at 6.1 hp.

The green line is the malossi 70cc kit with leo ZX pipe and 7.0gram rollers. It peaked at 7.4 hp.

The rear end gears work pretty well with the full kit, making the bike stay at peak HP past 50 mph instead of falling off.

TiminIndy
12-11-2003, 07:56 PM
I don't plan to do the 70cc kit, but I do want to get a pipe and change rollers. Is there any sacrifice of top end to go with lighter rollers? Is the Leo Vince better/ same as/ worse than the Gianelli? Are there any dynos on the Gianelli?

I obviously want as much speed and acceleration as possible, but cost is also a consideration, and I don't want one that's going to be obnoxiously loud. Any suggestions? I think I'm gonna order now instead of waiting for spring.

Crazy Canuk
12-20-2003, 07:04 PM
whoa... is that all the power the malossi 70cc kit makes???? the polini kit offers 9 hp and 10 with the polini pipe... im confused :confused: i thought the malossi cylinder would atleast make it into double figures... please tell me that those readings are incorrect... please?
thanks and mzzl

crazy canuk
:confused:

phidauex
12-20-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Canuk
whoa... is that all the power the malossi 70cc kit makes???? the polini kit offers 9 hp and 10 with the polini pipe... im confused :confused: i thought the malossi cylinder would atleast make it into double figures... please tell me that those readings are incorrect... please?
thanks and mzzl

crazy canuk
:confused:

Pay NO attention to what Polini says on their stupid brochure. It means nothing. Nothing. Wait till we get some dyno readings before you get confused. Also, remember that eddy current dynos (like Micah's) tend to read a little low when compared to other types.

If you compare a real world dyno reading to a happy lollypop gumdrop land magical brochure reading, you'll never get a good comparison.

I'm hoping Micah gets a polini SR in soon to do a dyno reading on, so we can make some educated decisions! The polini has price going for it already, and if it has performance going for it too, then great. But I'd like to see some trustworthy dyno readings first. :)

peace,
sam