PDA

View Full Version : Malossi 70cc assembly problems part 2

boyaani
12-10-2003, 10:12 PM
OK
I still can't get my throttle to work after installing malossi 70cc kit. cleared faults with Gameboy 20 times with and without the engine running. Still shows 8 throttle positioning faults.
I didn't install the reeds that came with the kit. could this be causing the problem????
The only other thing I can think to do is replace the throttle positioning sensor.
If anyone knows what is going on here pleas let me know

phidauex
12-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Hmmmm... Now, did you see these faults when you had the original aprilia computer in? You said the scooter ran like crap, but hey, it ran, right? So were the faults showing up there?

I'd recommend putting in the carbon reeds. They can't hurt, and they might help.

More importantly, you'll have to take stuff apart and put it back together again. Maybe there is a hose loose, or a wire loose or something, a disassemble/reassemble, being VERY careful, might fix the problem. Goodness knows its worth a try. You seem about out of other options.

Replacing the sensor seems like a long shot to me... I'd be extra damn sure that everything is in the right spot, tightened down, fully secured, and in good connection before spending another dime on this.

Most of all, don't give up, you'll have your baby back soon, with a hot new engine. ;)

peace,
sam

Demontech
12-12-2003, 09:27 PM
seing as you have a gameboy, resend the deresricted tune to the computer. if this dosnt work im gonna say your throttle boddie is bad.