thorin21
05-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Anyone out there?

Bayern
05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
yep ..... on the east side .....

thorin21
05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
As you can see I've updated my profile to give a more acurate description of my location... looks like we're nearly neighbours!

Bayern
05-29-2008, 07:57 PM
..... and also from across the pond ...... :cheers: ... a little further south than you ... Germany

... haven't seen any other RSV's on the road this side of the city ....

... will have to meet up someday ....

thorin21
05-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Ja, das ist gut!!! That's approaching the limit of my high school German. I might be able to ask the way to the town hall too...

Anyway, a meet up at some point this summer sounds good. Maybe you know some roads around here that aren't dead straight and crawling with cops?!?

Where do you get your ape serviced?

Bayern
05-31-2008, 06:20 AM
sent PM

MisterSprinkles
07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
If you have an Aprilia street bike you have to go to Motoretta Eurosport. The head mechanic is a very accomplished elderly man who's been a licensed aprilia technician for decades.

With scooters they're not so good.

Vonn Cycle also handles Aprilia but I don't know how well the bike would be serviced there.

When you go to Eurosport talk to Darren and Matthew they'll really help you out. Also talk to the mechanic (Ernie) directly if you can

the place is near Yonge/Eglinton

zc911
07-29-2008, 08:54 AM
one more here
And Motoretta eurosport is a great shop. the one on esander Dr. is where i got my bike, and they bent over backwards for me.

MisterSprinkles
07-30-2008, 04:31 PM
one more here
And Motoretta eurosport is a great shop. the one on esander Dr. is where i got my bike, and they bent over backwards for me.

Yup as long as you talk to the right people there. The mechanics are very nice people. Matthew at the front desk and Darren are nice too

thorin21
08-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I've been to Mottoretta on Essander - George is the true Aprilia guy there, lives and breathes them but he's a salesman and will drop a conversation with you if a potential sale walks through the door... or it could just be that I'm boring as hell and he wants to get away from me!

Matthew has been fantastic in trying to help to restore my faith after a poor first impression.

The first time I took my ape there, they had it for over twice as long as originally stated and not all the work was complete. The new swingarm was done but the oil pressure sensor wasn't fixed, nor was my new spare key cut.

Since then, I've decided to do the sensor myself (given that they didn't have the part in stock and I could get it quicker and cheaper from AF1) and I organised having the key cut myself. After several attempts (George forgot the programming keys) I have finally have a spare key... mainly thanks to Matthew's helpful attitude.

I haven't seen Ernie or anyone that fits his description, only young mechanics, which troubles me somewhat but apparently they are all factory trained.

I took my bike to that place in Barrie, I will not take it back.

The other option is way out in London, Inglis Cycle. I've not tried them yet but when I've spoken with them on the phone, they've always been helpfull and seem willing to please...

There is also Cycle Improvements out in Waterloo, no idea what they are like... contacted them once and the Aprilia guy was on lunch or something.

I have to say that after the initial issues Motoretta have gone way out of their way to please me and I like that, but to be honest, when I walk in there it feels like a scooter showroom, not a bike shop. I prefer the general atmosphere of GP Bikes in Ajax... feels more like a traditional bike shop, focused on big bikes and accessories, unfortunately, they don't sell Aprilias, which is never a good thing.

zc911
08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
George lives pretty close to me. When i went in to pickup the oil filter they sold me the older style, when i needed the updated longer one. I didn;t find that out until i went to do the oil change. DOH

i decied to go for a drive and see George. He was outside and i showed him my problem. He appologized and offered to deliver the proper filter the next day. I also reminded him he still owed me the free rear stand :D

Next day when i came home, the stand and proper oil filter where sitting at my door step.

I dunno how many dealers would deliver the parts, no matter how close they lived :D

thorin21
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't get me wrong based on my previous comments. I'm going to stick with them for servicing etc. after the excellent service I've recieved, which has eclipsed the intial poor impression.

Mille
08-06-2008, 09:36 PM
hey guys,

gotta agree with you...
Motoretta is d best...George picked up my bike last season and returned it with new tires...steering damper..happy with the service!

04turbowagon
10-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey guys, new RSV owner here. Picked up my new 07.5 2 weeks ago. I'm in Richmond Hill.

Are we still riding? We're going to try and do something on Sunday. I have a couple of friend's with Ducs.

hooligan2229
10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
New RSV owner here as well... up in Newmarket. Just picked an '04 Factory up about a month ago. Coming off an '04 GSXR 1000... RSV is worlds of character compared to the gixxer.

04turbowagon
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm actually in Oak Ridges. Where did you get the Factory?

hooligan2229
10-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Picked it up from a guy in Bradford. Great shape (just have to fix the rear brake issue), and replace the fork seals

Donaldb
10-21-2009, 07:45 PM
New RSV owner says hi. Picked up my 07 Factory in Newmarket last month. Hoping to ride until the salt hits the roads.

04turbowagon
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Gonna try and ride on Sunday...weather depending!!

hooligan2229
10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Donaldb... I think you picked up that bike just after I was trying to go see it... I called the guy but he said it just sold. I almost scooped you on it !!

Went out last weekend on Saturday at 6 ... freezing.

...except for my right leg... super toasty from the header :)

Donaldb
10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
I purchased from a dealer but it could have been the same bike that was eventually traded-in. Just before the purchase, I was seriously considering a Buell 1125r or GSXR1000. This dusty RSVR was hiding away in the corner at the dealership. What a magnificent beast the RSVR is!!

I would be happy to meet up with fellow RSVRs' for a ride/coffee stop (more likely next season although I hope to ride for another 2 to 4 weeks).

04turbowagon
10-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone in for tomorrow morning ride?

Donaldb
10-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Can't make it until 1 pm. Hopefully next week. Enjoy the ride

hooligan2229
10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Wish I would have checked here yesterday turbo... the wife and I went for a little rip through Richmond Hill yesterday. A little cool, but a good little ride.

No more riding for me this year (unless I take out the Gixxer)... fork seals on the RSV are fooked... gotta change them (not to mention the leaky oil tank and lack of back brake)

Exotic bike, but definitely some kinks to iron out.

04turbowagon
11-04-2009, 09:53 PM
How about this Sunday? Whether looks like it could be good.

YYZPILOT
11-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Hey all. New to the forum and lovin' my new Shiver.

From Mississauga here. :)

R.

:banana:

04turbowagon
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Welcome YYZ. Looks like we have to wait till next year now.

YYZPILOT
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Welcome YYZ. Looks like we have to wait till next year now.

Not if I can help it. :burnout:

Saturday was suprisingly good. I dressed for it and went out for about an hour. Saw 1/2 dozen other bikes in the Oakville area. Mostly BMWs. I think it's time to put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and wait and see.

YYZPILOT
11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Not if I can help it. :burnout:

Saturday was suprisingly good. I dressed for it and went out for about an hour. Saw 1/2 dozen other bikes in the Oakville area. Mostly BMWs. I think it's time to put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and wait and see.

Love heated seats! (okay, underseat exhaust)