PDA

View Full Version : Want to trade your blue SR50 wheels?

phidauex
12-09-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey hey,

I've been thinking of powder coating my wheels blue, but the cost of sandblasting and the subsequent coating is a big turn off. This is an odd question, but does anyone who has the blue wheels on their SR50 want to trade wheels? I'd even throw in the current tires (stock, w/ 3k mi on them) and would accept wheels with or without tires mounted! I have the '01 ditech, I know all ditech years will fit, and I think the SR50 LC from 99 and 00 will fit too.. I know someone could confirm which years are compatible.

I have the graphite grey wheels, which are in perfect condition. I'd be more than happy to supply pics if anyone is curious.

Anyway, PM me if you are interested! Also, any other interesting suggestions for getting those wheels blue would be appreciated.

peace,
sam

PAUL
12-09-2003, 11:06 AM
all the sr wheels from any year will fit on ur ditech. Just make sure that the scooter u get them from also has double disks...

TiminIndy
12-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Hey Sam!!

I have the blue wheels, and I had wondered if I might like another color. Do you have some pics? I'm trying to picture it with my Red Ditech. Something to think about, but I just had brand new Conti Zippy 1's mounted and balanced not long ago.

phidauex
12-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Hi Tim,

Well, the graphite grey wheels look nice with the red SR50 (mine is red also). The only reason I'm switching to blue is that I'm repainting parts of the scooter to go with a red/blue two tone, and the blue wheels make more sense than the grey ones. However, the grey wheels do look good with the red.

As to the tires, I'd be happy to buy the conti's from you for the cost of the tires + mounting, minus a bit for mileage (a small bit, if they are quite new), or you could remove the tires and keep them. I'd throw in the current Maxxis tires that are mounted on my wheels for no cost to you, or I could remove them if you really didn't want them. They still have some life to them, with ~5mm tread remaining on the front, and ~4mm on the rear.

I'd also say that we could trade brake rotors along with the wheels, just to make things easier (less to disassemble/reassemble = good), assuming they are at similar wear levels. I just calipered mine, and they are both at 3.75mm thickness (3mm is the minimum).

Here are some pics...

This is a side view of my SR, in fairly stock form, with the graphite wheels.

http://www.flexistentialist.org/gallery/sr50/DSCF0035?full=1

This is a close up of the rear wheel. (If you want to trade, I'll throw in that blue aluminum valve cap too. ;) )

http://www.flexistentialist.org/gallery/sr50/DSCF0144_resized?full=1

This is a close up of the front wheel.

http://www.flexistentialist.org/gallery/sr50/DSCF0143_resized?full=1

I took these pictures at night, so the quality isn't great, also note that these wheels are quite dirty at the moment, because of the rain the past few days. They are without scratches, and are in great shape! I'll try to get them washed and put up some better pics soon.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested!

Peace,
Sam

Jebediah
12-10-2003, 03:29 AM
phil, could you just tell me, which is your top speed?

phidauex
12-10-2003, 03:43 AM
Flat ground, no wind, my 120lb (54kg) body in a mild tuck, 60mph (96kph) on the speedo. What that is in 'real' MPH is left as an exercise for the reader. ;) I'll be getting a Sigma bike computer soon, so I'll have some more accurate speed numbers then.

peace,
sam

ggs34
08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
has any one found chrome rims for thier sr50 scooter?

dandydan
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Did you complete the trade? The pics aren't working for me but I may be interesting in purchasing your rims if they are available.

SilverSurfer
08-11-2006, 09:54 PM
If anyone is trading, be sure you're getting the same type of wheels as you're taking off. I found out today that the wheels described in the manual are not the wheels on my scooter! The disassembly in the manual showed simply taking off the exhaust, then there are three bolts holding the wheel on. I don't have those three bolts. I have a single nut on the axle, and nothing else. I also had to get the brake caliper loose from the transmission housing, and then remove the brake rotor from the wheel, as there wasn't clearance between the rotor and wheel to get the caliper out otherwise. A real pain in the ass!!

So yeah, there seem to be two wheel varations: a three-nut, and a single-nut. Make sure you're trading for the same types!

THE MAX
08-12-2006, 12:52 AM
I do not know where the 'three bold wheel' come frome.....I never seen it

All morini SR that I have,do have the 'singel bold' wheel

To remove the calliper you just puss the pistons and brakepads a littelbit back 'inside' .......then there is (not much I agree) room to get it out the wheel

SilverSurfer
08-12-2006, 03:48 AM
Maybe the new Piaggio motor SRs have three bolts? I'm still only going based on my user manual, which is for the current Morini DiTech, and both Piaggio motor SRs. It shows the three-bolt wheel instructions and no others. I don't understand it.

I don't want to get off topic with this, so I won't get into my whole wheel-removal fiasco today...