PDA

View Full Version : Almost SR50R Knockoff

Snugg
05-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Check out this scooter. I'm searching for another scooter to buy and have as a project. Came across this one on Craigslist. I was surprised to see how close it was to our SR50R Factories.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/673210144.html

D1Rhino
05-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Wow, that does look really close to an SR.

Vikter
05-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Pretty close. It is probably a minarelli clone motor though.

aprilia5rS0
05-10-2008, 04:21 PM
that's really weird to see that, china is the master bootlegger, the body is almost identical except for the part at the feet

Dman51
05-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I wouldnt say identical the front looks similar but much more bubbly looking. And china might be able to bootleg looks but as far as quality there WAY OFF!

Vikter
05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I wouldnt say identical the front looks similar but much more bubbly looking. And china might be able to bootleg looks but as far as quality there WAY OFF!

Anything is better than MY SR50. POS bike! :bond:

Vikter
05-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Check out this scooter. I'm searching for another scooter to buy and have as a project. Came across this one on Craigslist. I was surprised to see how close it was to our SR50R Factories.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/673210144.html

Looks like a cross between the old generation SR50 and the new generation.

06spidey2
05-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Chinese trash:burnout:

deathwest
05-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Chinese trash:burnout:Completely agree

Donppa
05-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't think the chinese can manage to build a 2-stroke that does 90mpg. Either he is lying or it's a 4-stroke.

(I think it's likely a 4-stroke, almost all of the chinese scooters are.)

06spidey2
05-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Its hard to compare a precision motor to a reconstituted frag metal motor. Yea, it looks all the same from the outside of the motor(for the most part), but once you get inside, you can see who's who in performance. Its not to say the Chinese can't make something that would work, but they are more into the bottom line #'s & profit vs performance & reliability. Don't even get me started on the comparison of body panels. Take a close up look at the lines on a Chinese scoot, and it looks like they trimmed most parts with a dull machete or limb saw.

Donppa
05-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Haha, so true. I know a few people with these chinese POS, just so silly. Lots of problems, fairing is thin and rattles, rear brake is totally useless.

Now this must be what these scooters do: You drive along, yuor scoot slows down, then the engine stops. You try to figure out the problem, and you get it when you try to adjust the carb: the air/fuel mixture screw had dropped on the road because of vibration. Running so rich it fouls plugs every 50m.

Deefourtay
05-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Not all chinese scooters are trash. I have a Stock 2003 Vento R4i with a technigas pipe as the only mod and it keeps up side by side running WOT with my Aprilia but would smoke it if it was modded. It performs a lot better then the Yamaha Zuma! :burnout:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/LVmOddER/ventoDSC01472.jpg

I don't think the chinese can manage to build a 2-stroke that does 90mpg. Either he is lying or it's a 4-stroke.

(I think it's likely a 4-stroke, almost all of the chinese scooters are.)

Snugg
05-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Not all chinese scooters are trash. I have a Stock 2003 Vento R4i with a technigas pipe as the only mod and it keeps up side by side running WOT with my Aprilia but would smoke it if it was modded. It performs a lot better then the Yamaha Zuma! :burnout:

Your Vento is actually a Triton R4. They don't make a R4i, only R3i Turbocam. Yes, they are a little better than your average Chinese trash, but not by much. I still own one of my R3i's. Need to replace the stator.
I would pick a Zuma over another Vento any day.
If it is keeping up with your Aprilia then I don't know what to say!!! :/ besides, get that Aprilia running right.

Deefourtay
05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
The Zuma only goes 50 mph tops with pipe and some other stuff. The Vento goes 55 mph with just a pipe. Plus the Vento has more leg room then the Zuma, a sidestand, rear fender, 12 inch rims, alarm, and remote start. Zuma doesn't. Sure Yamaha parts have higher quality but the i'm swapping a 90cc Yamaha case on the Vento anyways ;]

Aprilia=over 55 mph
Vento=over 55 mph

BOTH SEEM TO BE RUNNING GOOD TO ME :blah:

Your Vento is actually a Triton R4. They don't make a R4i, only R3i Turbocam. Yes, they are a little better than your average Chinese trash, but not by much. I still own one of my R3i's. Need to replace the stator.
I would pick a Zuma over another Vento any day.
If it is keeping up with your Aprilia then I don't know what to say!!! :/ besides, get that Aprilia running right.

Snugg
05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I hear what you're saying about your Vento. Out of the 50+ people I know that own one from various forums.... yours is the ONLY one that is capable of going over 47 on the stock 49cc cylinder. Thats pretty cool!