PDA

View Full Version : New air injector part number question

748rsvr999r
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I ordered an air injector for my 02 SR50 using part number 3AGA000614. The new part number is 8276008, and the injector end looks totally different from the one I'm replacing. There is no real provsion for a small o-ring like the old injector on the part that fits into the head..

My question is do I just install it as supplied, using only the two larger o-rings on either side of the injector as the original was installed?

Thanks

Ciudale
05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
The Max is required...

748rsvr999r
05-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I found that the odd looking part was a cover to protect the injector, duh.

So now the scooter starts after many attempts, runs just barely some of the time, and doesnt come off idle, even at full throttle, any thoughts.
Thanks

748rsvr999r
05-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Well the scooter finally runs, but my new Malossi crank with new SKF bearings is knocking like a bastard. The variator side has about a 5-7 mm run out indicating to me, I think, that bearing has failed causing the knock and the runout. I suspect I won't know how fucked up the new crank is until I look at it. I'm fairly pissed off as the crank had about 200 miles on it.
Thanks to all who offered input into the no run situation.

Fran

Ciudale
05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
???
Bad installation ?
How is the compressor (this could be the pinging noise) ?

748rsvr999r
05-07-2008, 05:45 PM
I won't know till I get in there, but there is definatly an issue, the scoot ran real well before all this, came on all of a sudden, will keep you posted. It's not a ping it sounds like a rod knock on a big motor.
It seems with the exception of the crank that all is well with air, fuel and air.
F

Ciudale
05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Did you handly turned the crank to see if there was a point where it moves difficultly ?

748rsvr999r
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
The crank turns freely by hand, but you can feel resistance when the cam starts working on the compressor, but not enough to stop the crank. As I mentioned the motor now runs as it once did, except with the rattle or knocking must likely from the left side crank bearing, I'm hoping that the crank is not damaged.
Fran

THE MAX
05-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I ordered an air injector for my 02 SR50 using part number 3AGA000614. The new part number is 8276008, and the injector end looks totally different from the one I'm replacing. There is no real provsion for a small o-ring like the old injector on the part that fits into the head..

My question is do I just install it as supplied, using only the two larger o-rings on either side of the injector as the original was installed?

ThanksWhat solved the differneds in injector isssue ?

-Do you have pic's from both models incl the partnr ?

748rsvr999r
05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Max, the new injectors are shipped with a protective metal cover that covers the injector end, at first with the new part number I figured it was some new design. After I tried to fit it, which didn't fit by the way, I pulled the cover off and underneath the injector was the same. Only difference is red plastic cover as opposed to the original blue plastic. Even the parts guy didn't know what was up with it.
Fran

THE MAX
05-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Max, the new injectors are shipped with a protective metal cover that covers the injector end, at first with the new part number I figured it was some new design. After I tried to fit it, which didn't fit by the way, I pulled the cover off and underneath the injector was the same. Only difference is red plastic cover as opposed to the original blue plastic. Even the parts guy didn't know what was up with it.
FranI thouht it would be that

After you topic was brought up ,i searched on AF1 and found the injector shown with a cover as you mentioned ..........

(Must say ; Never had seen it before :rolleyes:)

For the plastic : Don't bother ......

Both collars are same injector ,only the black version is differend type