PDA

View Full Version : Help

748rsvr999r
04-25-2008, 04:02 PM
02 SR50 DDitech, Malossi 70 cc kit, malossi reed cage, Polini For Race II Pipe,
has been running like a champ until last night. After filling the tank, I got about 1.5 miles and heard a noise like a train and the scoot started to slow then stopped and would not restart. Before this happened it ran like a raped ape, which is good.

At first I thought the variator nut cam off, which it didn't.

Then checked the other side of the crank, all was good.

Looked at cf reeds to see it one or both were broken, they were fine.

Pulled the plug, usually a golden brown, this was black fluffy carbon but not oil or gas fouled. I grounded the plug and I do get spark.

I then drained the tank thinking it was bad gas, since I didn't get to far after the fill up. Filled it with fresh, (fresher) fuel.

I also thought that I ran it out of oil, and the noise I heard was a bearing, the light had not come on and I still have oil.

I have put the scoot on a charger, it does turn over strongly, but fails to start, it chugs for a bit sometimes, but no more then a second and dies.

Fuel pump seems ok, as when I turn on the ignition it I get the sound I'm used to hearing, which stops once primed.

The red warning light is not illuminated.

Oil pump light will go out when it runs for the second or so.

Seems like it is not getting fuel, any thoughts?

Thanks,
Fran

sdean4816
04-25-2008, 06:30 PM
This wouldnt explain the noise,but if you have one replace the plug with a new one. Ive had a couple of plugs go bad on me and they dont look bad but I believe the insulation part gets a microscopic crack and causes misfires.

Good Luck,

Steve

PS: When my plugs died the scooter just lost power and wouldnt restart as you described.

Ciudale
04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
There is the compressor, and there is the piston...

748rsvr999r
04-25-2008, 09:50 PM
There is the compressor, and there is the piston...

Care to elaborate on the compressor aspect of your statement. I suspect the piston is ok, but will do a compression test to verify.
Am interested in the air injection side of the equation, any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

748rsvr999r
04-27-2008, 02:41 PM
bump!!

williamr
04-28-2008, 06:46 AM
You didn't fill with diesel did you?

It would take some time to work through the system.

Rob

748rsvr999r
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks Rob, wasn't it!

Checked the compressor and line to injector, it creates pressure and the line holds it as you could hear air escaping when I disconnected the line.

Next question, I disconnected the electrical portion of the injector, the one with the fuel and air lines, with it connected I cranked the scoot over looking for fuel. How much fuel is delivered in 2-3 seconds of cranking, I got about a 40 mm spot on a cloth, but it was not saturated, could some thing be clogged? If so what do I do next?

Thanks,
Fran