PDA

View Full Version : Pegaso feedback

GRUMPYGIT
04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi everyone , my son is about to take his test and the Pegaso is one bike he is looking at as his first. Has anyone got any advice as to which is the best model/year/engine to go for any advise is welcome. Thanks Steve

Massimo1
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Without a doubt, the Pegaso is a great first bike. Just my opinion, but if DynoJet can fix the '07, get that. Otherwise look for a used 2006 (shouldn't be so expensive) if he is planning on street use only and modify it with a PCIII. He'll be plenty happy.

Delta07
04-27-2008, 01:56 PM
My Peg is my first big bike, its fantastic, great for confidence. All my mates have sports bikes like Fireblades and Ninjas, They all say that my bike looks fun to ride, all of them have said that it will be better at cornering than their bikes. Ive been on a few ride outs with them and all though they get away on the straight roads and sweeping bends I can pretty much catch up on the corners and tend to stay with them on the twisty roads no problem.

I would definatley recommend one as a first bike.

PetrolHead
04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I've had my pegaso trail as a first bike for nearly a year, great bike!

Elvis
04-27-2008, 03:11 PM
The Pegaso for me is bike number 15 (or is it 16:)) any way the fastest bike i had was the ZZR1100 and my last bike before the Peg was V Strom 1000 and by far i am having the best fun on the Peg, except of riding in hyper speeds it can do anthing you want it to do, you can go on the track (see Timbo post) or take it for long trips like Panda is doing and it is cheap to run compared to other big bikes.

keithc
04-27-2008, 04:05 PM
The Pegaso is a great choice for a first bike. Quite light, quite low and if your son is on a restricted license a 33bhp kit is available.

Keith

oz-strom
04-27-2008, 10:04 PM
My 07 Peg trail is my 15th ( :confused:) bike, and I would say it is good for both newbies and seasoned riders. I did about 1350kms (24 hours in the saddle :tired: ) over this last long w/e with a mix of hwy, backroads, dirt roads, tracks and trails. I handles great, goes well (with the PCIII) and is reasonably comfortable. A great all-rounder:)

ibriggs
04-28-2008, 03:11 AM
The Peg Strada is only my third bike (including a Honda 125) but I have only been riding since last July. My second bike was an ER6f, which was great, but I did not feel secure on it during winter commutes in rain, fog, and ice. To be honest I did not trust myself to behave either as it really did go considering it's not a sports bike. It did not survive winter particularly well either and hence I traded it in for a new Peg in Feb 08.

The Peg is great (even without the PCIII) as it feels secure and stable in all weathers. It can go when you want it to, but I feel in control and not the bike. Up to 90mph it's unbeatable unless you like the feeling of imminent death that a sports bike can give. I rode 400 miles on it to break it in in one go and despite road-closing gales and rain I had fun and had no aches the next day. For short runs it's fun and still has plenty there to overtake when needed.

Highly recommended.

I did consider a BMW F650GS before the Peg but I'm glad I didn't go that route now.

And finally I have had no problems getting Aprilia accessories and spares - about 5 working days from Taz in Peterborough.

Cheers
Ian

GRUMPYGIT
04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone, thanks for all your feedback it all sounds very positive along with my fellow Caponord owners who have owned Pegaso's in the past it sounds an ideal first bike. Regards Steve