PDA

View Full Version : Changing From 2.8.3.1 to 2.8.2

TiminIndy
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I believe I have the software version 2.8.3.1, based on the starting characteristics (on a cold start, usually takes a 2nd try and turning the starter longer). I want to change it back to 2.8.2. Searching the forum, I know that people have had this done with great results, but in some of threads it is stated that it won't accept older versions than what you have.

The Aprilia dealer here is only technically an Aprilia dealer (they don't even stock Aprilias any more) and they seem to be lacking in Ditech knowledge and experience. (This is understandable since they have only sold a handful a year since the Ditech came out.) I was wondering what the process entails or if there are any tricks I can pass on to them before I take my scoot there to get this done. When I had to get my old Ditech re-flashed, it took them nearly two months and they finally got help from Scootopia in Louisville.

muchacho
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Basically, I think they just have to change the filename of the old file to the filename of the new file and flash.

TiminIndy
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Basically, I think they just have to change the filename of the old file to the filename of the new file and flash.

So they need to use that GB Cart program to load the 2.8.2 on to their Game Boy cartridge?

(By the way, I finally pulled out that stock exhaust from the back of my garage this morning. I'll get it taped up and bring it to UPS tomorrow)

muchacho
04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks about the exhaust.

I will look around the forum to see if I can find the information about the software update. I think it was either from ToxicEric or a post from Techrat that described the process.

scooter50
05-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Sorry,

i search the File software version 2.8.3.1
where can me get.

Frank

MisterSprinkles
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Am I the only one who likes this map???

It gives me almost +5kph on uphill sections

THE MAX
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Am I the only one who likes this map???

It gives me almost +5kph on uphill sectionsAre you sure it was de-restricted at firts ?

Oldrogue
05-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Unless there were some PMs I didnt know about or people just gave up, but I am asking the same question the Indy is. I just want to do it and I need to know how. My dealer doesnt know jack crap. What was the resolution Tim.

MisterSprinkles
05-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Are you sure it was de-restricted at firts ?

Ya this is like my third map I always get the new one