PDA

View Full Version : Accessing The Seat Lock

jonnyandrews
04-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Ok, so i had my ignition replaced at dealer after someone tried stealing my scooter (O7SR50R).

Now, on the newer models the seat lock is where your shins will be, anybody know how to access it without taking the bike apart?

The reason i ask is i dont know why or how but when i got it back from the dealer the lock for the seat is simply not connect to anything, it just clicks left but nothing and it goes round way too far.

How can i access the lock to determine the problem?

Thanks in advance!

jonnyandrews
04-19-2008, 06:36 AM
Please? :whiner:

06spidey2
04-19-2008, 09:54 AM
When they remove the inner fairing(?) to get to the ignition, they must of disconnected the cable. Its just like a bike cable with a lead weight on the end. You'll need to bring it back to whomever worked on it, or, take off the inner fairing(not all the way as you can access by pulling the fairiing away about 3inches, which will allow you to connect the cable appropriately). As far as removing the fairing: remove front hood(cover over the oil & antifreeze tanks), then remove the various screws (start on the inner side, then go back and remove some of the screws on the upper red fairing). Just remember, you do not need to remove the front fairing entirely, just remove most of the top screws(2-4 screws). If you drop a clip or screw during the process, you should be able to get it with a magnet.

jonnyandrews
04-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks man! Just got back from the dealer now they did it for me, nice one.

06spidey2
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Awesome. I've had to take mine apart a few times, while installing an alarm system & fixing a crack in the oil reservoir.

jonnyandrews
04-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Ahhh an alarm. V.Interesting!

Can you recomend a particular alarm for the sr?

06spidey2
04-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I picked up the Gorilla brand, and it was very easy to install, not to mention, it has its own remote(arm/disarm/panic). I installed the unit on the inside of the inner fairing close by where the seat lock mechanism is. I know some other threads have been started on Alarms, and a few of us have Gorilla brand with no problems. Don't even get me started on Blue LED's-can you say bling?