PDA

View Full Version : Reality check ! Please do your life savers !

Mr Venjer
12-02-2003, 06:07 AM
Today I was on my way to school and I was approaching some lights - I must have been doing around 15 mph. I wanted to change lanes and the roads were empty, I was on a one way road with 3 lanes. I was just about to swing into the other lane and a little voice said "Kev - check to your right".

When I glanced to my right a huge whacking great lorry was practically neck and neck with me - I would have been toast only a few metres from the lights.

I said a quick "thank you God" and went about my way.

Please remember to do your life savers AT ALL TIMES.

Kevin.

GeoR
12-02-2003, 10:03 AM
I always listen to the little voice inside while I ride...:D it saved my arse countless times. :rolleyes:

Morbo
12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr Venjer
Today I was on my way to school and I was approaching some lights - I must have been doing around 15 mph. I wanted to change lanes and the roads were empty, I was on a one way road with 3 lanes. I was just about to swing into the other lane and a little voice said "Kev - check to your right".

When I glanced to my right a huge whacking great lorry was practically neck and neck with me - I would have been toast only a few metres from the lights.

I said a quick "thank you God" and went about my way.

Please remember to do your life savers AT ALL TIMES.

Kevin.

What in the hell is a "huge whacking great lorry"???

stinky
12-02-2003, 06:58 PM
I believe the translation would be, "Very large truck."

Italibikefreak
12-02-2003, 07:42 PM
I just went to grab a bite to eat and I see this lady coming at me going the wrong way on a one way street and she didn't even realize it. :mad: That's why sometimes I think about getting rid of the bike with dangerous people like that on the road.:mad:

Norcal Factory
12-06-2003, 12:31 AM
I always watch out at intersections and generally try to ride in the mountains where there far fewer cars to come in your lane.

The closest i ever came to call to running into a car was due watching a pretty girl waking on the side of the road and not noticing the car in front was slowing down for a turn. I avoided it at the last second. Now I will always remember that a pretty blonde can make you feel like your in heaven, but if your riding a bike while watching one, you could be sent to heaven!