PDA

View Full Version : Portugal

Wesley
04-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi all

Well I went to Portugal on the Guzzi. Ferry was a nightmare both ways as we passed through force 9 gales. It P'd down all the way to Portugal turning to snow for a while then rained for the remaining few days bar one.
I high-sided the Guzzi on the way back followed by a tank slapper in more torrential rain and severe crosswinds but managed to hang on.

All in all the trip was not one that i'll remember fondly.

The Peg would have been ideal on all the twisties over there but I think I'd have struggled with the gales we encountered.

Hope you're all Pegging along nicely and everyone got all their bits that I posted.

Cheers Wes

Hers a couple of photies:-

Cupid Stunt
04-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Nice one Wesley
Glad you held onto the highside, makes a real mess of a heavy bike otherwise and doesn't look too pretty for the rider either
Shame about the weather, it's been great here in Wales
:burnout:

spanners
04-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Nice one Wesley
Glad you held onto the highside, makes a real mess of a heavy bike otherwise and doesn't look too pretty for the rider either
Shame about the weather, it's been great here in Wales
:burnout:
biy worried about the old bill in your area using horse box to hide speed camera in,see motorcycle news

fazerjane
04-02-2008, 10:43 AM
What a shame Wes, miserable weather, but still looks like a really nice bike!
Tankbag fitted to my Peg but as yet untested due to rain and other committments! And the forecast for this weekend? Saturday heavy rain, Sunday heavy snow showers.... it's not looking hopeful!
Glad you're back safely anyway.

Cupid Stunt
04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
biy worried about the old bill in your area using horse box to hide speed camera in,see motorcycle news

A common misconception spanners "my area" is South Wales, it's a 3 hour ride minimum to get to North Wales from here, bit like me saying Nottingham is your area
:)

spanners
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
A common misconception spanners "my area" is South Wales, it's a 3 hour ride minimum to get to North Wales from here, bit like me saying Nottingham is your area
:)

most profuse appologies ,i used to only go to middle ,monks trod ,strata florida ,etc