PDA

View Full Version : Movin' down to Texas

Lugh
03-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Now that I've done my time with the Navy, I'll be moving down to Texas next month. I'll be up in the northern end of Houston (Woodlands area). My wife has agreed to let me make the pilgrimage to AF1, on the condition that she gets to spend some time at Schlitterbahn. :rolleyes:

Any other Ape riders in that area?

BizJetGuy
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Here for now... I'm in the Woodlands area but we are relocating to Indiana in May or June (I know where you can get a great house - hint, hint!).

Seriously, let me know when you get into town. There are a few decent roads a short hop from where you will be living and I'll be happy to show you around.

You can always get the wife a pass to Splashtown and make the trip to AF1 solo :happy:

Thanks for your service and welcome to Tay-has!

Lugh
04-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Woodlands, huh? Nice. That's not far from where I grew up. I graduated from Spring High. I'll look you up when I roll into town, and we'll have to go goof around. I haven't been home in 5 years, and at the pace they were developing when I left, I'm sure it's a different town now.

BizJetGuy
04-03-2008, 10:34 AM
You won't recognize it.

We moved here five years ago and the growth just in that time period is staggering.

MIKETRIBAL
04-04-2008, 07:29 PM
me and another buddy (arro) live here in houston. i ride a falco and he rides a futura. we have been talkin about riding out in the northside. let me know when your in town...

i see your out of new london. must be at the sub base. I was stationed across the thames river @ the coast guard academy. but i lived in barracks on the sub base. this was back in 2000

BizJetGuy
04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
me and another buddy (arro) live here in houston. i ride a falco and he rides a futura. we have been talkin about riding out in the northside. let me know when your in town...

i see your out of new london. must be at the sub base. I was stationed across the thames river @ the coast guard academy. but i lived in barracks on the sub base. this was back in 2000

Man - we were all in CT about that time. I worked as an avionics tech up at Bradley from '98 through early 2001. Lived in East Granby and dated a gal in Groton for a time.

Let me know when you guys get up on the north side.

bicilindricov60
04-07-2008, 03:43 AM
If you ever desire to see what Texas is supposed to look like, I'll be about 2 hours northeast, just south of big Sam Rayburn.

Here is the best forum/resource I've found for Texas riders if you guys haven't found it yet. http://www.twtex.com/forums/index.php

Lugh
04-19-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm in town now. And I've been to Sam Rayburn many times. My folks own a good chunk of land on the southwest side of it. This place has changed a lot in 5 years, and I didn't miss the cat's eyes at all. :WTF:

DakarYM
04-21-2008, 03:23 PM
yet your profile still shows CT. :cheers:

Greg MacD
04-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Stationed at the academy or attending the academy? There are a few Coast Guard members around this forum. I was in Corpus Christi at the GC Air Station for a few years.