PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - cans

Joybringer
03-20-2008, 04:15 AM
:spam:

Before I go and spend money with less interesting people, I wondered if anyone here had some Arrow/Akky/LeoVince end cans for a Trail, they wanted to sell?

JB

Strada_Stu
03-20-2008, 07:34 AM

Before I go and spend money with less interesting people, I wondered if anyone here had some Arrow/Akky/LeoVince end cans for a Trail, they wanted to sell?

JB

Sorry not sellimg any pipes but have a look here for info on the Mivv pipes plus the other ones you mentioned too.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136005&highlight=mivv+exhaust

and

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114999&highlight=mivv+exhaust

Joybringer
03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Tahnks - I've always been an Akky man, but the Arrows do look nicer at the price

JB

Timbo
03-22-2008, 08:52 AM
JB,

I have a set of carbon Mivv cans currently fitted. I definately recommend them. Bought mine from Italy, much cheaper than Akros, look very cool and sound absolutely brutal with the baffles removed (which have been) :)

Might be selling the Peg soon so may well sell the cans seperately. Will keep you posted... Here's a pic:

Xeno
03-23-2008, 07:35 AM

JB

If your not in too much of a rush I will have my Carbon Akro's to sell in the next couple of months as I'm going to change my bike. They are fantastic and the baffles have been modified (see previous posts) for the perfect sound.
I will also have genuine Carbon Handguards and Carbon Exhaust shield to sell, unless anyone is interested in making an offer for the bike with it all on then it will save me putting all the original parts back on and trading it.
2006 Black Strada 6300miles,2 services,carbon akros,heat guard,hand guards,screen,DNA filter,datatool alarm,rack & topbox,mint!

Hooded Claw
03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
How does it sound with the baffs in, any diff from the std cans?

Panda
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
The Akro's sound a lot better with the baffles in than the standard cans, with them out you won't get far without a chat with the local polis! I rode round the block with them out when I fitted them and immediately put them in (albeit slight modified with a drill).

For anyone who's interested, I had my bike on a Dyno today with the baffles out of the Akro's, it was loud even outside of the soundproofed room...If you're still interested,it made 48.4 or so bhp with the baffles out, 46.8 or something with them in (putting the baffles in loses just under 2bhp). There were speakers all over the place recording it for a computer game - they're going to use the noise for one of the Yam racing quads that use the same motor as the Peg.

Incidentally, this bloke knows his stuff (Dynobike in Malton, North Yorks) and reckoned that he might see more than 50bhp with the baffles out and some tinkering, but with them in and as the bike is he'd be wasting his time and my money trying to improve on the map in the PC3 I'm using! My 10 000 mile bike has a PC3, Titanium Akro's, K+N, cut away intake snorkel, no resonator box and blocked secondary air valve.

Joybringer
03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Hi peeps

Thanks for all that.

I managed to find a used set of Arrows on the interbay. I kept quiet in case I had competition from here! :happy:

I'm still prepping the bike with other bits, but will post some pics here in the next 2/3 weeks.

Thanks again

JB

Strada_Stu
03-26-2008, 08:01 AM
The Akro's sound a lot better with the baffles in (albeit slight modified with a drill).

My 10 000 mile bike has a PC3, Titanium Akro's, K+N, cut away intake snorkel, no resonator box and blocked secondary air valve.

Hey Panda
My 06 Strada has 7000miles on it, Titanium Akros, K+N and no resonator box.

Currently running with no baffels till i get round to modding them. What mods did you do to the baffels? I presume remove spark arrestor grills at both ends then add holes inside?

I'm considering a PC3, the money being the main issue, does it make a big difference?

I've not bothered with snorkel mod just yet, although mine does struggle for air at top revs with no baffels in.

Remind me what difference does the blocking the secondary air valve do ?

Stu

Panda
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi Stu,

I just drillled some holes (three in each) in the grills on the inside end of the baffles to open them up a bit. You cant tell without taking them out and it just makes it a wee bit rortier. I honestly don't know how you get away riding it without the baffles though!

The secondary air thing is meant to help with low speed running, but I never really had a problem with it so I didn't notice a difference.

I've cut away some of the back of the snorkel, I tried removing the snorkel altogether but common consensus seems to be that it helps smooth the airflow going into the airbox. I think it feels slightly better as it is now.

I always reset the CO2 setting after making any mods,which might be relevant to the fact the fuelling with the PC3 map that looked closest in description to my bike was pretty much spot on when it was on the dyno.