PDA

View Full Version : Pipes n Bars

MarkinStaffs
03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Whaddya reckon?
I have a set of standard pipes and handle bars for a pegaso trail what i don't need.
Think it'd be worthwhile to try me luck on ebay?
No idea what they'd b worth but.................???

Wesley
03-19-2008, 01:26 AM
Whaddya reckon?
I have a set of standard pipes and handle bars for a pegaso trail what i don't need.

Always worth a go, though I'd hide the cans away just incase you damage the aftermarket ones or put them back on when you eventually sell the bike. You'll get more for the aftermarkets than you will for the standards.

I've also got a set of bars hanging around but don't think they're worth much.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Cheers Wes

fazerjane
03-19-2008, 04:09 AM
I'd say, definitely keep the pipes, you might need them for an MOT one day.

Strada_Stu
03-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Whaddya reckon?

Hi Mark
I read in your earlier post that you have Akropovic exhausts, are they the carbon or Titanium ones?

I've got an 06 Strada in black with the Titanium Akros, no baffels and as you said they sound amazing. I also have a K&N air filter and have removed the resonator box from near the air filter. I'm also considering a power commander.

As others have said I would suggest holding onto your standard pipes. If you ever sell the bike, the Akros will be worth a lot more sold seperatly.

I was wondering what bars you have now got on your bike?

I think we need some pictures of your peg on here to let us all see the mods.

Stu

MarkinStaffs
03-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Stu, yes, agree absolutely....pics will be posted today!
As for the akropovics, if carbon or titanium are the only choices, then I believe them to be titaniums and I also must come clean wih y'all....I put the baffles back in!
I live up a cul-de-sac full of retirees so between them and she who must be obeyed...............you get the picture eh!

Strada_Stu
03-19-2008, 08:30 AM
I must admit with no baffel in they are very loud!

I had Arrow pipes before the I got my Akros and ran those with a modified baffel for the comprimise of smooth engine performance verse noise. They were a length of tube with the inside end blocked up and 4 holes on the sides of the tubes. I removed the blank end and added more side holes.

I haven't got round to modifying the Akro baffels yet, but I believe just taking the spark arrestor mesh off both ends of the baffel tube makes a difference, they are only held on with a couple of tig welds and would easily grind or file off. Its a case of small mods at a time to get the sound you want and can live with.

Although be aware come MOT time you need to make sure you can reverse the mods easily or have original pipes to put back on as new baffels are 70 ish I believe.

pegasobaz
03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Hi Strada Stu, what made you swap the Arrows for Akro's? I have neither but still want the arrows

Wesley
03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Strada Stu, what made you swap the Arrows for Akro's? I have neither but still want the arrows

Its because he's a noisy begger :burnout::burnout::burnout:

Cheers

wes

Strada_Stu
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM

Hi Baz,
I had a set of aluminium Arrows on, which I had bought new. These are excellent pipes. The baffels are quick and easy to fit or remove, just one circlip, and also easy to modify for that sound verse performance comprimise.

I got offered the chance of a set of second hand Aprilia branded Titanium Akropovics, so I bought them and put one on one side of my bike to compare against the Arrows. I decided on keeping the Akros and sold my Arrows to Robin_KTM on here. We work in the same factory.

The choice between them was pretty much a cosmetic thing, I don't think there is any real noticable difference in weight or performance, the Akros are a little longer and thats about it. The baffels in the Akros are harder to fit and remove and possibly not as easy to modify either although I havn't tried yet. So I currently run with no baffels in and as "jump ship" :burnout: Guzzi owning Wes said, yes I am a noisey begger !

If I was buying new it would always be the Arrows over the Akropovics all down to price. New the Akros in my eyes are very very expensive, especially the Aprilia branded ones. Although I did consider the Mivv pipes too, they were cheaper than the Arrows. There are posts on here some where with all the pipe options for the Pegaso's.