PDA

View Full Version : Only gone and sold it so stuff for sale

Wesley
03-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Went to the bike shop to look at a new jacket and guess what came out with a shiny Motoguzzi 1200 Sport and the Pegs gone so I have for sale.

Just the tankbag left

Famsa Tank Bag, Lovely bit of kit, never used 85.00 Now on EBAY 290213902245

Cheers

Wes

fazerjane
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
You've done WHAT!!!
Well, no-one could call you indecisive!!!

:happy:

Wesley
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
You've done WHAT!!!
Well, no-one could call you indecisive!!!

:happy:

I know, bought my last Guzzi when i went for a pair of gloves and my BMW when I went for some waterproofs, do you sense a pattern developing.

Wes

Wesley
03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Top box & rack sold.

MilesB
03-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I know, bought my last Guzzi when i went for a pair of gloves and my BMW when I went for some waterproofs, do you sense a pattern developing.

Wes
I went in to a bike shop to buy some earplugs... it was on the Isle of Man just after TT and the shop was out of plugs - but my other half bought a TDM... so you ain't the only one.

Very nice choice of bike by the way - I've only ever seen one in the flesh - on the Lake Como fery n the wayto the Guzzi factory :happy:

If you don't know, there is a good Forum for Modern Guzzi's available via MGGriso.com or GuzziTech (I think).

Enjoy
Miles

Wesley
03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I went in to a bike shop to buy some earplugs... it was on the Isle of Man just after TT and the shop was out of plugs - but my other half bought a TDM... so you ain't the only one.

Very nice choice of bike by the way - I've only ever seen one in the flesh - on the Lake Como fery n the wayto the Guzzi factory :happy:

If you don't know, there is a good Forum for Modern Guzzi's available via MGGriso.com or GuzziTech (I think).

Enjoy
Miles

Ta, hope its as good as it looks, I haven't ridden it yet, pick it up Saturday morning, can't wait.

Trouble is I'm working Sat' afternoon.

I'll check out the websites too.

Cheers Wes

Wesley
03-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Not much respons, suprised really, am I asking too much.

I'll throw everything on Ebay tomorrow unless thers any last requests.

Cheers

Wes

Gregg22
03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Wes,

I've just read that you've sold your pegaso and are selling your PCIII and K&N. If you have the bits still, I would love to buy them from you.

If you let me know how you would like paid, I'll do so straight away.

Cheers (again)

Gregg

Wesley
03-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Wes,

I've just read that you've sold your pegaso and are selling your PCIII and K&N. If you have the bits still, I would love to buy them from you.

If you let me know how you would like paid, I'll do so straight away.

Cheers (again)

Gregg

PCIII sold to Velvet, sorry

Wes

Red7
03-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Well done on snagging the Guzzi Wes, it's a special bike. Love the booming gurgle on a closed throttle :burnout:

Would be tempted by Peg handguards & panniers but need all the pennies I can find at the moment to get some leathers. If I'm flush over the next couple of weeks I'll let you know.

Wesley
03-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Well done on snagging the Guzzi Wes, it's a special bike. Love the booming gurgle on a closed throttle :burnout:

Would be tempted by Peg handguards & panniers but need all the pennies I can find at the moment to get some leathers. If I'm flush over the next couple of weeks I'll let you know.

Ta you'll have to be quick things going quite well. The panniers are a bargainand no waiting, go on you know you want to.

Wes

fazerjane
03-12-2008, 07:36 AM
Wes... try and stay out of bike shops for a bit!!

Best of luck with your new Italian steed and with your trip that you've got coming up.

Wesley
03-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Wes... try and stay out of bike shops for a bit!!

Best of luck with your new Italian steed and with your trip that you've got coming up.

Thanks Jane, I'll do my best, I'll have a drink to you all.

Cheers

Wes

Xeno
03-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Proper gorgeous italian exotica that Wes, well done! Black or Red?
Just wondering does the 1200 sport have the 8v motor from the new Griso? I'm going for a Green & Silver Benelli Tre-k very soon just deciding weather to sell or trade the Peg.

Wesley
03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Proper gorgeous italian exotica that Wes, well done! Black or Red?
Just wondering does the 1200 sport have the 8v motor from the new Griso? I'm going for a Green & Silver Benelli Tre-k very soon just deciding weather to sell or trade the Peg.

Its a Black one & I think it's the 4 valve per cylinder Norge engine reworked for more mid-range.

Nice bike the TRE-K theres a demo one in my local bike shop but I'd better stay away from there it proves too costly. Good luck with the new bike.

Xeno
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Good colour, post some pics before you leave the forum!

I'm still waiting for a demo of the Tre-K from my local dealer. I went to ride it but they sold their previous demonstrator. The new one should be in next week although I've already decided I'm buying it unless its a dog, which I doubt.
It turns out they use Kawasaki deliverys in the uk to save on cost so the Benelli deliveries have to fall in line.

Wesley
03-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Well heres my new bike. I picked it up this morning ooh its a big begger but rides superb. Brought it home and put it in the garage, only done 3 miles today.

By the way the Pegaso tank bag is still for sale, offers anyone.????

Cheers WES

Strada_photos
03-16-2008, 03:24 AM
What a beaut! Shame about the poor weather!

fazerjane
03-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Wow, lovely bike, can see how it tempted you. Gonna stay out of bike shops for a while Wes? Just in case? Fingers crossed for some nice weather (it was nice here yesterday, and I got out on the Peg for a while, but today just rain, rain, rain....

velvet
03-16-2008, 04:06 PM
PCIII sold to Velvet, sorry

Wes

...and velvet fitted the PCIII today. Relatively easy apart from the arseache of removing the tank :whiner::whiner:

However, that aside, the difference is really very, very noticeable. Whilst I was never too bothered with the surging and jerkiness, particularly around town, the ride out today has made the bike much smoother through the gears, smoothed out the jerky surges at low revs and given the bike some real grunt.

Its also made me more attractive to human, animal and vegetable.

Ok...the last part I made up but the truth of the matter is the PCIII makes the strada run more like you know you want it to. So hats off to Wes :cheers:

Wesley
03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
...and velvet fitted the PCIII today. Relatively easy apart from the arseache of removing the tank :whiner::whiner:

However, that aside, the difference is really very, very noticeable. Whilst I was never too bothered with the surging and jerkiness, particularly around town, the ride out today has made the bike much smoother through the gears, smoothed out the jerky surges at low revs and given the bike some real grunt.

Its also made me more attractive to human, animal and vegetable.

Ok...the last part I made up but the truth of the matter is the PCIII makes the strada run more like you know you want it to. So hats off to Wes :cheers:

Nice one, glad its a success.

Had the Guzzi out today, well impressed, big begger though after the Peg but we'll get used to it.

Am staying out of bike shops now for a while, Portugal Thursday, yipee.

Will post some photos in a fortnight.

For anyone who hasn't received any of my Peg bits yet, they will all be finally posted tomorrow Monday.

I've still got the tank bag 55 and its yours but be quick I'm not here for a fortnight shortly.

Cheers and happy Pegging

Wes

fazerjane
03-17-2008, 04:56 AM
Wes, I'm tempted by the tank bag. How big is it in terms of what you can get in it? eg are we talking a week's clothing, or just my lipstick and other girly stuff? I need a smallish bag that I can easily remove when I arrive places, and carry around. Does it clip on and off leaving the straps on the bike? Please excuse my ignorance, never had a tank bag before!

Wesley
03-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi Jane

It isn't a large bag, you couldn't get one on the Peg. but it shaped nicely to fit. The base remains strapped to the tank and the bag zips off dead easily.
Theres a carrying strap and rain cover too.

I think its a cracking bag and I'm almost giving it away.

55 no postage and no waiting for weeks, go on, go on, go on.

Cheers

Wes

Wesley
03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Good colour, post some pics before you leave the forum!

I'm still waiting for a demo of the Tre-K from my local dealer. I went to ride it but they sold their previous demonstrator. The new one should be in next week although I've already decided I'm buying it unless its a dog, which I doubt.
It turns out they use Kawasaki deliverys in the uk to save on cost so the Benelli deliveries have to fall in line.

Xeno, hadn't planned on leaving the forum, is it compulory now I'm Pegless??

Wes

fazerjane
03-17-2008, 10:57 AM
OK Wes I'll take the bag off your hands at that giveaway price!
Shall I send you a cheque? Or I can get the bank to put the money direct in your account. I also have a paypal account, assume I could do that. PM me your instructions!!

Oooh a new handbag. Will it match my shoes?

spanners
03-17-2008, 11:49 AM
such a shame wes has sold the peg,saves having to buy stuff new,jane we will have to meet and work out how much we have saved,or how much we have spent on stuff we would not have bought till we thought it was a bargin

fazerjane
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
spanners - I will put my calculator in my new tank bag and meet up with you!

I have a hugger on order from Skidmarx and some (bargain) Givi throwover panniers on order from motorbikes and parts.com too.....

By the way Velvet, which animals and vegetables suddenly found you attractive, and was it mutual?

spanners
03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
spanners - I will put my calculator in my new tank bag and meet up with you!

I have a hugger on order from Skidmarx and some (bargain) Givi throwover panniers on order from motorbikes and parts.com too.....

By the way Velvet, which animals and vegetables suddenly found you attractive, and was it mutual?

have the hugger ,had to use some washers to make it sit straight,but no real prob,snug to the tyre

Wesley
03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
such a shame wes has sold the peg,saves having to buy stuff new,jane we will have to meet and work out how much we have saved,or how much we have spent on stuff we would not have bought till we thought it was a bargin

Lol :funnypost:funnypost , fraid I've run out of bits now, hopefully I won't be selling any Guzzi parts in the near future.

Cheers

Wes

velvet
03-17-2008, 02:53 PM

It was hard to see what was what. I just noticed that I had a pack of wild dogs on my tail (nothing new there!) and vegetation which seemed to bend to my will and take on the shape of 'a thingy' if you'll pardon the blatant Blackadder gag steal.

not mutual but strangely comforting:eek::eek:

Wesley
03-17-2008, 04:18 PM
Ladies & Gents

Everythings now sold so suppose this thread has come to an end. Thanks to everyone who bought my goodies and hope you get them safely, everythings posted now so should be with you shortly.

Take care and catchya when I get back from Portugal.

Best wishes

Wes

Cupid Stunt
03-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Cheers Wes
Do come back when you've got loads of Guzzi bargains as some here may have a Guzzi too

:)

Wesley
03-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Cheers Wes
Do come back when you've got loads of Guzzi bargains as some here may have a Guzzi too

:)

Ta but I ain't going anywhere, decent forum this with decent folk, no one-upmanship not like some other forums I've been on.

Bikings about enjoying bikes and helping each other, this fits the bill so if you don't mind I'll chip in from time to time.

Cheerio for now.

Wes

spanners
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Ta but I ain't going anywhere, decent forum this with decent folk, no one-upmanship not like some other forums I've been on.

Bikings about enjoying bikes and helping each other, this fits the bill so if you don't mind I'll chip in from time to time.

Cheerio for now.

Wes
how much for the chips

Cupid Stunt
03-18-2008, 04:45 PM
how much for the chips

LOL

Cool you're hanging around Wes

fazerjane
03-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Yeah stay with us Wes! Looking forward to holiday report! Bon voyage

Xeno
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Xeno, hadn't planned on leaving the forum, is it compulory now I'm Pegless??

Wes

Of course not Wes just assumed thats all, glad your staying. Your Guzzi'a a real beauty, I bet it will be a nice ride down to Portugal. Are you going to be over the milage for your first service by the time you get back?

fazerjane
03-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Parcel received safely Wes although not opened it yet, keep these nosy so and so's I work with guessing! I've told them it's from Ann Summers Outsize Division.

Will open parcel and fit tankbag tonight while dinner's in the oven (lamb hotpot!!) My hugger has arrived from Skidmarx today too but I shall sub the job of fitting that out to Him Indoors. By coincidence it is his day off tomorrow.. what do you reckon my chances are? Depends on the lamb hotpot, I'd say.

DonFanatico
03-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Wes,

did you send the top box through yet for me?

Cheers

Strada_Stu
03-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey Wes
When your bored of the big heavy Guzzi give me a ring, I'll come round on my peg and remind you of the lightweight single fun that your missing out on not havin one any more !!!

ha ha ha
Stu

Wesley
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Hey Wes,

did you send the top box through yet for me?

Cheers

Yep I posted everything Monday so should be with you by now, hopefully you'll get it tomorrow, it was quite heavy so they may be dragging their feet a little, I'll ring home Thursday night to check up on its progress.

Keep me informed

Wes

Wesley
03-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey Wes
When your bored of the big heavy Guzzi give me a ring, I'll come round on my peg and remind you of the lightweight single fun that your missing out on not havin one any more !!!

ha ha ha
Stu

:):) Tell you what Stu, I'll miss the Peg, it was great fun why it lasted. I may look for an older one when I get back as a second bike. The Guzzis too big for commuting, its wider than the Mother-in-Laws ar*e and that's wide.

if you need owt you know where I live.

Cheers

Wes

Wesley
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Parcel received safely Wes although not opened it yet, keep these nosy so and so's I work with guessing! I've told them it's from Ann Summers Outsize Division.

Will open parcel and fit tankbag tonight while dinner's in the oven (lamb hotpot!!) My hugger has arrived from Skidmarx today too but I shall sub the job of fitting that out to Him Indoors. By coincidence it is his day off tomorrow.. what do you reckon my chances are? Depends on the lamb hotpot, I'd say.

Hope its ok for you.

Funny enough talking about Ann summers, thats where my missus works.

OOOOh I love it when she brings her work home.

Cheers

Wes

DonFanatico
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Yep I posted everything Monday so should be with you by now, hopefully you'll get it tomorrow, it was quite heavy so they may be dragging their feet a little, I'll ring home Thursday night to check up on its progress.

Keep me informed

Wes

Received. Thanks Wes for the quick dispatch.

Blimey it's heavy! How long does it take to install and do you need to check the screws once it's on or is it safe?

Wesley
03-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Good, glad you got it. It takes you about 1/2 hour to fit. Just tighten everything up , run it for a day or two then check it again. I think I put the instructions in so just follow them, not exactly rocket science.

Any problems I'm sure someone will advise as I'm away tomorrow (Did I mention I'm going to portugal???? :):) JOKE)

I think that just leaves the bits that are going to Isle of Man (crash bungs & screen) and everyones happy.

Good luck with the fitting.

Speak in a week or so.

Best wishes

Wes