PDA

View Full Version : Pegaso Factory Performance???

keith plumridge
03-08-2008, 06:19 AM
I bought my new Factory Pegaso in June 2007. Looks like everyone has the same problem. Fluffy jerky underfuelled low rev performance, NO TORQUE !!!
Spent a fortune on Akrapovic pipes and a remap which improved the thing but low down torque is still very poor for a 660 single. Am I supposed to spend more on a Powercommander to make this bike go like it should have done as standard? I've Emailed Aprilia and am awaiting a reply to see if it can be remapped to squirt more fuel in at low revs. The fuelling feels like its being strangled. Otherwise a great bike

fazerjane
03-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Hello Keith, you haven't sold it and bought a Harley yet then?
I'm the person who contacted you when you had your bike on Ebay!
You sent me pictures including one of you with a walrus....
Welcome to the forum!

PS I've got my centrally heated Peg now!

Elvis
03-08-2008, 06:51 AM
I bought my new Factory Pegaso in June 2007. Looks like everyone has the same problem. Fluffy jerky underfuelled low rev performance, NO TORQUE !!!
Spent a fortune on Akrapovic pipes and a remap which improved the thing but low down torque is still very poor for a 660 single. Am I supposed to spend more on a Powercommander to make this bike go like it should have done as standard? I've Emailed Aprilia and am awaiting a reply to see if it can be remapped to squirt more fuel in at low revs. The fuelling feels like its being strangled. Otherwise a great bike

You should have started with the PC3, it all starts and end in the ECU
there is nothing wrong with the rest of the parts.

Frodo
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
You should have started with the PC3, it all starts and end in the ECU
there is nothing wrong with the rest of the parts.

I agree totally. The PCIII transformed my bike - it now has tons of grunt.

Massimo1
03-10-2008, 03:32 AM
You'll be waiting a while for a coherent answer from Aprilia. As posted elsewhere, one member just took his 2007 Peg to DynoJet UK to get it mapped for the PCIII. I suppose any time now, DynoJet will post the map on their site. It wouldn't hurt to call their UK office (not US - they are dense as mud, never heard of a Strada when I called 3 months ago) to tell remind them that other customers are waiting for the map. :worship:

spanners
03-10-2008, 05:54 AM
You'll be waiting a while for a coherent answer from Aprilia. As posted elsewhere, one member just took his 2007 Peg to DynoJet UK to get it mapped for the PCIII. I suppose any time now, DynoJet will post the map on their site. It wouldn't hurt to call their UK office (not US - they are dense as mud, never heard of a Strada when I called 3 months ago) to tell remind them that other customers are waiting for the map. :worship:

having spoken to their UK office ,i get the impression they will do all they can to fob you off

keith plumridge
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Jane, thanks for posting my details last November, decided to keep the bike cos I love it. Just needs more grunt at low revs so looks like I'm heading for Dynojet. Have fun on your new glowing Peg

keith plumridge
03-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the PC3 recommendation. Ive seen a performance improvement comparison graph for PC's and it appeared to show the improvement starts midway up the rev range. Is that the case or is the
1-3000 RPM range significantly improved. Our friend in N/Z uses the word GRUNT - thats what I'm looking for! People mention the airbox mod and Co2 adjustments also- comments appreciated. I'm old enough to remember the Yam XT500 lifting the wheel in 1st 2nd and 3rd under acceleration, ok the Pegs got top end unlike the XT, can I have it all. Dont say buy a Buell !