PDA

View Full Version : New 2004 Mille R first impressions

chrismac
11-27-2003, 01:15 PM
I just bought a 2004 Mille R, Red/Silver, and had the dealer put the Aprilia Titanium slip-on exhaust on it.

For those of you who already have one, this is probably going to bore you.

I must say this is one HELL of a bike. So far, I have not run into any of the problems discussed on this board. You can imagine that I was worried after ordering my bike then reading about various problems. My Bike is a normal R, not a factory.

It rides like a dream. Of course, I'm limited to 6000 rpm right now for break in, but there is still a hell of a lot of power in there. I can't wait till the break in period is over.

I picked up the bike, and put 77 miles on it the first day. I am just amazed at the quality of this thing. I can't help but notice also that this bike is just beautiful. I had people pulling up along side me asking questions about it. I forget that there are not many of these around my neck of the woods yet, but I expect that to change.

It took a while for this bike to show up after I ordered it. It would seem Aprilia is not shipping too many red/silver ones right now.

The dealership also had a grey R-factory, and that is also a very nice looking bike.

What I can say is that the reviews seem largely correct to me -- the bike turns like no one's business, and is very responsive on the throttle. It sounds wonderful (esp with the titanium pipes). The bike just inspires confidence when you ride it -- it is evident right away that the bike is a performer.

Anyway, it is raining today, so no riding for me. I am very pleased that I waited for the '04. Thanks to my roomate who showed me the Mille video early last year, cursing me to buy one now :).

Damn what a bike!

Chris

MilleR_R1_R6
11-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by chrismac
I just bought a 2004 Mille R, Red/Silver, and had the dealer put the Aprilia Titanium slip-on exhaust on it.

For those of you who already have one, this is probably going to bore you.

I must say this is one HELL of a bike. So far, I have not run into any of the problems discussed on this board. You can imagine that I was worried after ordering my bike then reading about various problems. My Bike is a normal R, not a factory.

It rides like a dream. Of course, I'm limited to 6000 rpm right now for break in, but there is still a hell of a lot of power in there. I can't wait till the break in period is over.

I picked up the bike, and put 77 miles on it the first day. I am just amazed at the quality of this thing. I can't help but notice also that this bike is just beautiful. I had people pulling up along side me asking questions about it. I forget that there are not many of these around my neck of the woods yet, but I expect that to change.

It took a while for this bike to show up after I ordered it. It would seem Aprilia is not shipping too many red/silver ones right now.

The dealership also had a grey R-factory, and that is also a very nice looking bike.

What I can say is that the reviews seem largely correct to me -- the bike turns like no one's business, and is very responsive on the throttle. It sounds wonderful (esp with the titanium pipes). The bike just inspires confidence when you ride it -- it is evident right away that the bike is a performer.

Anyway, it is raining today, so no riding for me. I am very pleased that I waited for the '04. Thanks to my roomate who showed me the Mille video early last year, cursing me to buy one now :).

Damn what a bike!

Chris

Congrat's man. Just enjoy the new bike. :banana:
BTW, welcome aboard.

:peace:

ChicagoFactory
11-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Congrats on the new bike. :banana:

Enjoy,

Mike

Italibikefreak
11-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Yeah Congrats! I've got the same exact bike and love it too it just handles like a dream.:D

mille-ryan
11-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Good deal, welcome to the dark side Chris, you'll never leave now. :fangs:

TheClaw
11-27-2003, 09:51 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Glad to see another new "R" on the block. I put my deposit on a Black one but its still at the dealer. Too cold to ride here and I'm in the process of moving so it may be there a while. I'm psych'd to get on it though.

I agree about the looks. I have a ducati F1, '93 900SS and used top have a 916 and this is the coolest lookin bike of them all.

jeff

ckruzel
11-28-2003, 05:37 PM
congrats!!!!!!! - i can't wait to get my 05

milleman
11-29-2003, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the club!