PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Options

RS250 maTTz
02-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Guys, I see my options like this:

Scenario 1:
Gut my stock cans, get the bike mapped, save money but if I get pulled over for noise then I'm in a situation

Scenario 2:
Get Tigs, keep the stock cans in my garage, get the bike mapped, if I get pulled over then go home, put on the stock cans, ride to the inspection place, pass it, then go home, and put the Tigs back on. Problem: will the bike ride properly after it's been mapped for the Tigs if I then go and put the stock cans back on?

Scenario 3:
Get the smalts instead of the Tigs, and the rest is the same as for Scenario 2.

I'm still trying to work out the price difference between the smalts and Tigs for someone in Au :aussie:

smrst45
02-26-2008, 02:06 PM
I believe that you can purchase silencers for Tigs. But, not sure what it does to the performance and if it will bring the dB level down enough to meet your laws. I love my Tigs.

pm123
02-26-2008, 02:10 PM
I have a set of Tigs with db killers,the guy I bought them off said they were legal in the UK with the dbs fitted,sounds great either way

mossback
02-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Bike will run fine with the stock cans back on, you will take a performance hit but so what if you are just trying to pass an inspection.

Kid A
02-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Smalts also can have removable Db killers. So if you have the money to do so, I say go with the Smalt system, and just fit the Db killers in when you need to pass inspection. No hassle of switching canisters.