PDA

View Full Version : Tnt

zvez
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Got to say I was really taken with the TNT at the Atlanta cycle world show. Any owners here care to chime in?? I've heard quality issues and parts are a prob. Other thoughts?

Chris

Kid A
02-12-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree its a beautiful and very different bike. Don't know anything about them though from a technical stance.

teacherboy
03-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I will second that. Very nice looking bike.:cheers:
I agree its a beautiful and very different bike. Don't know anything about them though from a technical stance.

AliPisha
03-15-2008, 07:00 AM
I took out the cafe racer and i must say wot a stunnin lookin machine and sounded awesome with race cans.But after approx 15miles everything just shut down all the electrics and the motor:WTF:The bike only had 1200mile on the odo and i found out later that it had,had 2owners from new and the bike was 1yr old.Kinda put me off then...But still one of the sexiest bikes out there.

zvez
03-15-2008, 07:06 AM
I finally gave up benelli after calling and emailing them multiple times to ask where the nearest dealer was. Finally found out from a member on the benelli forum. Then I looked at who the dealers were, mostly cruiser bike and chinese motorcycle dealers so , nice looking but too many issues.

The TNT rep at the cycle world show told me, they can't even support the 900 version bikes which came out in the early 2000s!! No more parts for them!

Chris

Faisal
04-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I finally gave up benelli after calling and emailing them multiple times to ask where the nearest dealer was. Finally found out from a member on the benelli forum. Then I looked at who the dealers were, mostly cruiser bike and chinese motorcycle dealers so , nice looking but too many issues.

The TNT rep at the cycle world show told me, they can't even support the 900 version bikes which came out in the early 2000s!! No more parts for them!

Chris

TNT and the café racer are 2 of the sexiest nakeds ever made.

if you didn't know already, they were bought by a chinese company not so long ago, which may explain why they are being sold at the chinese motorcycle shops.

before they got bought they were really on their last legs but the cash laden chinese firm that bought them intends to revitalise the company which potentially could be great if they just pump some money into what seems to be a great design team with a lack of cash for testing properly.

however if they intend to do it by making 70% of the bike in china, i think they need to change their target market from traditional benelli buyers.

silvElise
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
TNT and the café racer are 2 of the sexiest nakeds ever made.

if you didn't know already, they were bought by a chinese company not so long ago, which may explain why they are being sold at the chinese motorcycle shops.

before they got bought they were really on their last legs but the cash laden chinese firm that bought them intends to revitalise the company which potentially could be great if they just pump some money into what seems to be a great design team with a lack of cash for testing properly.

however if they intend to do it by making 70% of the bike in china, i think they need to change their target market from traditional benelli buyers.

I think Bimota makes a sexier naked bike

chrisonord
04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I spoke with the mechanic who works for the uk importer for Benelli's His exact words were DO NOT EVEN GO THERE. when I asked him about the tre-k . He meant this about all the models.

Faisal
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Bimota makes a sexier naked bike

yeah the swing arm is gorgious

the TNT is just alot more out-there, makes me think of a Tuono on acid

cwalker
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
they look nice.... i'd also rather die and go to hell than sell another one to a customer.
that kind of sums it up.

cwalker
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I spoke with the mechanic who works for the uk importer for Benelli's His exact words were DO NOT EVEN GO THERE. when I asked him about the tre-k . He meant this about all the models.

i can't agree more...
reliability... disaster...parts.... even bigger disaster... back-up... the same.

zvez
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I gave up on Benelli not long after posting the original message. Benelli USA told me on the phone they didn't have a dealer in GA yet, when the Benelli guy at Cycle world show said they did, finally got the address and website for the GA dealer from a member of the benelli board. If that's any indicator, I'll stay vERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRry far away from them.

Gave up and bought a shiver instead.

Chris

teacherboy
04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
What is that creature in your avitar????:cheers:
yeah the swing arm is gorgious

the TNT is just alot more out-there, makes me think of a Tuono on acid

Micah / AF1 Racing
04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I have a set of pipes and a PCIIIusb waiting for a TNT Cafe Racer to come in for dyno work, it was supposed to be here a couple of weeks back so I really hope it is still running. It was at the dealer last time I called for "more work" before getting tuned. Kept the guys CC number, parts are his either way.

DeBenGuzzi
04-08-2008, 12:35 AM
its too bad really, its a beautiful bike that to me went the way of Excelsior-Henderson
a perfect mix of - too much too fast(marketing) too little too late(product) reliability issues, no dealers, no parts, HIGH buck price tag I wouldn't be suprised if they sold more Nera's in the US than benelli's
I really would have liked to got one, they're sexy and powerful, plus they're italian and my name is Ben so I was all but sold, too bad really.

Faisal
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
What is that creature in your avitar????:cheers:

my beautiful dog 'Pretty' :fangs:

ApriliaRXV450
04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Just bought a tnt cafe racer. Should be here in minnesota on monday! Cant wait to finally get it! By the way dont get one I want to be the only one in the midwest with one...:kidding: I think the bike will be a blast, well worth the money and hassle...

Justin

teacherboy
04-08-2008, 08:08 PM
That is an excellent photo.:cheers:
my beautiful dog 'Pretty' :fangs:

teacherboy
04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
There is no denying it's an impressive looking machine. :worship: Good luck and let us know what happens. Pics would be great.:cheers:
Just bought a tnt cafe racer. Should be here in minnesota on monday! Cant wait to finally get it! By the way dont get one I want to be the only one in the midwest with one...:kidding: I think the bike will be a blast, well worth the money and hassle...

Justin

DeBenGuzzi
04-09-2008, 04:06 AM

Justin

THATS fine I wanted the green tornado tre anyway. The TNT is just too much for a mother to love the tornado looks like a better ride, too bad they don't have a decent product.

Faisal
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
That is an excellent photo.:cheers:

he's been on the crack since he was a puppy

_CD_
04-09-2008, 07:45 PM
I test rode the Cafe Racer at Ton Up in Phoenix. The power and handling were both very good though the bike is a bit pricey at 16k. I spoke with the dealer manager for a while about these bikes and I think some of these issues are growing pains for a new line. The Chinese company called the Qianjiang Group bought them in order to gain a foothold in the US markets seeing the success of some other euro-brands like Ducati and Triumph. He feels their plans are long-term and serious but there are definately some difficulties that will have to be overcome like a small dealer network, some insurance companies can't classify the bike yet and if they will insure them you can get some crazy quotes (some guys saying six hundred, some as high as 3k per year for the same rider).

Benelli is still designing and building their own bikes with Qianjiang providing the cash for production and the dealers/marketing. There is only one dealership in AZ so I asked the manager 'what if you go out of business?' and he said that Benelli would sell the franchise to another local dealership. He also said that there is a parts warehouse in Texas (I don't remember where) so having to wait weeks for parts shouldn't be an issue for State-side owners.

At least the atmosphere for looking at and test riding the Benellis is much nicer when they're sharing show room space with Guzzi, Bimota and Aprilia instead of Chinese bikes. BTW if you're in the Phoenix area the guys at Ton Up are great mechanics and extremely courteous.

ApriliaRXV450
04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Well guys the tnt arrived yesterday in one piece, thank god! And I must say wow. Its more impressive looking than I thought it would be. I've looked it over very closely and the quality seems to be very good. I just added some gas and hooked that battery up and it fired right up. Motor sounds good, smooth. Anyways just some first impressions, cant wait to actually get it out and ride it. weather has been pretty cold around here lately. I'll keep you guys posted.

-Justin

ApriliaRXV450
04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Here is a picture more to come.

RSV4ME
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Man I love those things, especially the Cafe, congratulations! She's a beautie! :cheers:

Faisal
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM
evil :fangs:

congrats dude

teacherboy
04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
That is an awesome looking machine. Let's see some more pic's.:cheers:

Quirky
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
The CR has one of the most comfortable riding positions I've experienced during the past few years. For a sporty bike, that is. The ride itself is quite enjoyable and sort of addictive, too. The bar end mirrors need some getting used to.

ApriliaRXV450
04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes, you are correct, I took it out today for its maiden voyage and was amazed at how comfortable it really was. When you look at the bike you think there is no way that is gonna feel good. The power and the sound are very addictive, and the handling is impressive. I'm very pleased with the bike so far, cant wait to really put it through its paces...

_CD_
04-18-2008, 02:26 AM
gratz and be sure to keep us posted :burnout:

I thought the stock bar ends worked well on the Cafe

aportilla
04-29-2008, 10:30 AM
When I was younger I had a Benelli scooter and the design and build quality was the best. I took it through it's paces and it never gave me trouble.

I hope they can get their foothold in the US and stabilize their business - this is a company that has always taken quality and design to heart.

Alex

ApriliaRXV450
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Well guys I couldnt be happier with my cafe racer, I'm trying to ride it as much as possible, weather hasnt been great in minnesota recently but I have put some miles on it, what a blast...people flock to look at it...

ApriliaRXV450
05-06-2008, 06:59 PM
nice...I like the white!