PDA

View Full Version : does akro realy wortwhile?

tobandeira
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Hi
I eared a lot about the new bike but i own both; a 01 rsvr and factory... With the passing of the time i turned my 01 bike into a canon and paradoxaly very smoth through all the rev range... by its side the factory seems at medium revs "not so fat" but in compensation it has a impressive top end... The new akro line has just arrived, but at a prohibitive price tag.... my doubt is will they definitly contribute to eliminate the famous dip at 7K giving at the same time a fatter medium rev power????:happy: :confused:

RSV Racing
11-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Go with the Tigs when they come out. They are cheaper, just as good if not better, and sound wise, nothing beats them.:peace:

Thunder Factory
11-21-2003, 03:04 AM
The 04 has had a lot of work done on it to get the performance levels in stock trim and comply with the latest emmission laws.

If you consider that the bike has a set of very restrictive cats fitted yet still shows a gain against the previous bikes in standard trim it's quite an achievement.

The dip is in my view engineered into the bike to help it pass emmission testing. With the race map activated and a set of cat free cans I'd expect it to not be as apparent, but now that a Powercommander is on the way I'm looking forward to getting the bike optimised and running on top form.

As for the Akra full system I personally am not interested in any full system as the new bikes oval headers have taken a lot of development and are too good to waste.

The additional costs and potential problems removing a full system to put the bike back to standard should the local police issue me with a ticket are just not worth it. :rambo:

tobandeira
11-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Please keep us informed about that thing of the power commander.... Have you already tried the race map.... does it improve the midle dip... i also agree thatīs engeneered to pass namely Euro 2 specs. The previous bike already had the same "engeneering" maybe not so evident...

stinky
11-21-2003, 06:55 PM
The race map with the full Akra system makes it run much better (still misses occasionally when cruising around town, but it's not jerky like it was), and the midrange feels fatter to my butt dyno.

tobandeira
11-21-2003, 07:11 PM
i fear that as the antipollution specs get complex and complexer maybe it will get more difficult to improve the injection curves; as it happened with automobile engines with cats and so on... Gradually it ended up loosing half the fun..... and the 04 prilia looks tooo civilized for my taste....

tobandeira
11-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Look at this weld... doesnīt it look nice?????

ducapenha
11-21-2003, 07:40 PM
to Tobandeira Try to drive it beyond the 7000rpm and compare the gear box:D :D

tobandeira
11-21-2003, 07:43 PM
You canīt get everything........