PDA

View Full Version : Brake Levers

MickyC51
11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I dumped the SXV very mildly today. Trying to make a 2 mile an hour u-turn in some wet leaves. Oops! I broke my brake lever. Thank goodnes it snaped at the weak point so I could still ride home.
I meant to put on hand guards but somehow put it off. I'll get on it right away now. I looked up brake levers and there like $52 a pop. Ouch!!!!!! I used to replace them on my old EX500 race bike at about $10 a pop. Is there a after market source? Or a cheaper way to go?

Micky Curry

smstroben
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
i looked for some a while ago, but had no luck. i ran into an ASV rep and he said that they were working on some. not sure if those are available yet.

MickyC51
11-28-2007, 08:19 AM
i looked for some a while ago, but had no luck. i ran into an ASV rep and he said that they were working on some. not sure if those are available yet.

I was afraid that was going to be the answer.
I already have the Acerbis hand guards I just hadn't gotten around to ordering the mounting hardware. I did that last night.

Micky Curry
The King of Procrastination

work_moto
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
It is the same m/c as used on the KTM smr with radial setup.

Maybe the KTM retailer is cheaper?

darkside
11-28-2007, 04:36 PM
That's not the worst of it... I did the same thing about 2 months ago. Went to my local Aprilia dealer. They can't get them. If you look on the AF1 site they are the 1st gen M/C levers. Ours are 2nd gen levers. You can tell by where the lever adjusters are located. If anyone has found where to get them please share.

Dragster pilota
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
darkside in da house:
If anyone has found where to get them please share

What I can see in our Aprilia Spare Parts order system they are in stock with the Scandinavian importer (ITAGO) and also at Aprilia....

DP says: Both T1 & T2....