PDA

View Full Version : Myers-Briggs Test. Personality Type a Clue to *XV Satisfaction?

Jim Hubert
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
I recently stumbled upon a free online version of the Myers-Briggs personality test.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

There is some debate as to how "scientific" this test is. But I have been passing it around to all my friends, and let's just say the results usually come as no surprise.

I now wonder if there is any correlation between personality type and satisfaction with the *XV?

There are 72 Yes/No questions. There are no right or wrong answers. Anyone wanna share?

Personally, I am classified as an INTJ. Specifically, I(33) N(62) T(88) J(44). Higher numbers indicate stronger preferences. This is the same classification I got when I took the test about 15 years ago.

Good careers for the INTJ are computer programming, engineering, entrepreneurship, management, law, and the library sciences. Pretty much pegs me.

More info about the various classifications is available here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

As for my satisfaction with the SXV... I'm still pretty angry at Aprilia. But I think the bike has a lot to recommend it. I will attempt re-sealing the cases. Ask me again in a year!

From Wikiedia...

Masterminds are introspective, pragmatic, directive, and attentive. Masterminds are highly capable leaders as contingency planning and entailment organizing is highly developed in them. Both contingency planning and entailment organizing are directive activities that tell the planner what activities to do and what order to do them in. Despite their leadership capabilities, masterminds prefer to stay in the background until others demonstrate ineffective leadership. However, once in a position of power, Masterminds are highly efficient and willing to adopt useful ideas.

Masterminds are strong willed, self-confident and decisive. They are also highly theoretical and are the most open-minded of all the role variants. Before a mastermind adopts a theoretical notion, they insist on researching all of the available data and checking the idea against reality. Masterminds are suspicious of theories based on poor research and will discard ideas that cannot be effectively implemented.

Masterminds are highly pragmatic and will put forth a lot of time and effort in order to implement effective ideas. They are driven to solve complex problems and to create organized, decided, and executed solutions. Masterminds tend to say positive statements instead of negative ones, preferring to focus on how to make the organization more efficient in the future rather than dwelling on past mistakes.

waxxer
11-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Your indicators will change overtime too. Other factors to consider are your life situations e.g. marriage, finances, work etc.

I have probably been subject to this test approx 10 times. I was an ENTJ but I have moved to an ENTF.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Olof Eriksson
11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Took a couple of trips to the dictionairy but heres my scores:

E(11) I(75) F(25) J(56)

My type is: ENFJ

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Im trying to understand those four lines on the end...

Edit, from wikipedia:
Referring to Keirsey, ENFJs belong to the temperament of the Idealists and are called "Teachers". The ENFJ personality type is also the least like of the 16 Myers-Briggs personalities to 'flake out' on others once they commit to something. They are generally a very reliable group that do not like to disappoint others.

That did feel like me!

Olof Eriksson
11-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Man, I've read some more describtions of "my type" and it feels so spot on. So wierd!

maxpower220
11-26-2007, 10:55 AM
This explains why I have been in the Navy for 20 years.....and I thought it was the money.
ENTJ= Fieldmarshalls

dougan
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
ISTP

slightly expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan, Woody Allen, Alan Shepard, Chuck Yaeger, Michael Douglas, Lance Armstrong, and Kathrine Hephurn are examples of Crafter Artisans.

Should enjoy NASCAR and WeightWatchers......?

The Crafter Artisans are not only concrete in speech and utilitarian in getting things done, they are also directive and attentive in their social roles. Though directive like their Promoter counterparts, their directiveness is leavened by a good deal of attentiveness and seclusiveness. They do not approach strangers readily, but once in contact do not hesitate to tell them what to do. And they can be quite forceful in this, such that others tend to do their bidding.

conman
11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I turned out to be an (E)1% (N)38% (T)1% (P)22%

Engineer, Techinician, Manager, Inventor etc. etc........
probably the wierdest type you can be I guess.
People like Ben Franklin and Thomas Edison...........

Never really the thought about it before but I do Hold 2 Patents....lol

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6370921.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6524980.html

MickyC51
11-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I took the test and it said I had no personality and please don't come back again. I think it was scored by my wife.

Micky Curry

irie
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Seems I'm an ENFJ

I'm a software engineer and CEO of a software company. No idea if this fits with an ENFJ.

RXV_Poor
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
56 25 62 44

INTJ type description by D.Keirsey
INTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

INTJ Career Choices Provides the list of occupations most suitable for your type taking into account the type formula and strength of the preferences. Based on a sample representing 40 most popular and high-demand occupations. Jung Career Indicator™
INTJ Lifestyle Preferences

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Does this explain why I own a RXV?

Micah / AF1 Racing
11-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 62 25 1

This was interesting...

The Portait of the Counselor (INFJ)

The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and enterprising and attentive in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

duc slayer
11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
:WTF: why does mine keep saying

ASHLE :bond:

MickyC51
11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
:WTF: why does mine keep saying

ASHLE :bond:

Maybe yours was graded by my wife too.

Micky Curry

Tdawg
11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
taken this a few times over the years, including the huge test. almost always end up ENFP.
I'd list the people but they're boring. :bangwall:

Don't have a *XV but would sure like one.

duc slayer
11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
:funnypost:funnypost:funnypost

okay okay after a series of 0's I got a couple of list's

Jacob (Esau's brother)

U.S. Presidents:
James Buchanan

Mae West
Ernest Hemingway
Lucille Ball
Roy Rogers
Doris Day
Chuck Yeager
Jack Nicholson
Eddie Murphy
Jimmy Conners
Madonna
Cybil Shepherd
Bruce Willis
Natalie Cole
Michael J. Fox
Joan Cusack

and

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Ernest Hemingway, John F. Kennedy, Donald Trump, Madonna, George C. Patton, Evita Peron, Winston Churchill, Grace Slick, and Teddy Roosevelt are examples of the Promoter Artisan temperament.

somehow I just don't see it

SLORider
11-26-2007, 10:27 PM
INTP, but I might have lied.

Irie-- what's your favorite platform/language? Mine is embedded systems/assembly and ICE, but I'm most often on Windows/.NET.