PDA

View Full Version : merriman replica

tmenduro
11-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I see on hte Aprilia Germany page a photo of a Stephan Merriman RXV replica, is it coming to the USA as well?

RXV_Poor
11-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I see on hte Aprilia Germany page a photo of a Stephan Merriman RXV replica, is it coming to the USA as well?

If it does I'm trading in my RXV.

orangerider2
11-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I don`t think that we will see that bike. His name is not much here in the US.:cigar:

tmenduro
11-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I don`t think that we will see that bike. His name is not much here in the US.:cigar:

It will be sad if what you say is true. Most of going fast is the rider, but a good rider cannot take a POS to a top 5 finish in the WEC. This is the bike that Aprilia USA needs to have available if they want to enter the offroad market.

tmenduro
11-22-2007, 04:56 PM
how do we get Aprilia to hear this?

duc slayer
11-22-2007, 06:13 PM
what is different about this RXV

I see a bellypan, seat, exhaust, decasl (?), some red "bling" on the lower shock linkage and shock resivoir and obviously wheels/hubs...anything else

also triple's and some silicone hoses

RXV_Poor
11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
It will be sad if what you say is true. Most of going fast is the rider, but a good rider cannot take a POS to a top 5 finish in the WEC. This is the bike that Aprilia USA needs to have available if they want to enter the offroad market.

Look if you're trying to say that I have to work out, hydrate, watch what I eat, practice and generally put forth some effort to be faster rather than just buy a new bike I'm going to have to disagree. The marketing departments of each manufacture has told me so :kidding:. I'm quite certain that RC or Knight could kick my @ss on while riding z50's though.

tmenduro
11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
what is different about this RXV

I see a bellypan, seat, exhaust, decasl (?), some red "bling" on the lower shock linkage and shock resivoir and obviously wheels/hubs...anything else

also triple's and some silicone hoses

50mm TC forks, maybe. Motor internals are unknown, as is ignition mapping. Frame geometry, who knows? It would be good to know more.

tmenduro
12-07-2007, 02:41 PM
I read in the December edition of motocrossdigital com that the there will be 50 replicas made of the 450, at a cost of about 13,000 euro.
Same article also said that the dual map igniton has done a wonderful job of taming both the 450 and 550 when set to "wet" mode. The 550 set in "dry" mode is still a fire breather that lengthens your arm 20cm every time the throttle is twisted!

orangerider2
12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
That cost is crazy, here in the states that`s the cost of two RXV`s.:cigar:

NeoGeniX
12-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Our rxv's costs about 9000 euros...you us guys with your dirt cheap bikes :p

tmenduro
01-04-2008, 01:53 PM
updated info on the merriman replica available here.

http://www.aprilia.com/RXV_Merriman_ENG.pdf

http://http://www.aprilia.com/RXV_Merriman_ENG.pdf

tmenduro
01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
The January edition of motocrossdigitalDOTcom has a test on the Merriman Replica rxv 450. The bike is not radically different from the stocker, just set up. Even though it is not written, I suspect that the 50 MR bikes have hand built motors to ensure a season of racing without the breakages that we see posted on this site.

cyborg
01-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Just read that edition too. I'd like to get that 20% heavier flywheel they mention. Wonder if AF1 can get that?

I just have to add, once again, the new RXV graphics scheme is BUTT UGLY! IMHO What happened to their design dept!?

Blazing Saddle
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
http://www.motocrossdigital.com/
The January issue of MXdigital has a story on the Merriman replica. As stunning as it looks and sounds, a poor working man like me could never afford that price. Especially after putting an additional 2K into my RXV. Cycra hand guards, new rear spring and gold valve in the forks. Aluminum skid plate & rad guards. 12 litre tank w/new graphics, the enduro kit, watch dog computer. Scotts steering damper and rekluse clutch. Now I just want to red anodize the rims.

toploader
05-03-2008, 03:27 AM
hi, i am after a set of clamps as on the merriman bike(to fit 50mm tc forks) to fit my rxv. any ideas where i can get a set

RXV_Poor
05-03-2008, 10:07 AM
hi, i am after a set of clamps as on the merriman bike(to fit 50mm tc forks) to fit my rxv. any ideas where i can get a set

Try PMing someone from AF1 and see if they could get the part #?

toploader
07-16-2009, 12:19 PM
The January edition of motocrossdigitalDOTcom has a test on the Merriman Replica rxv 450. The bike is not radically different from the stocker, just set up. Even though it is not written, I suspect that the 50 MR bikes have hand built motors to ensure a season of racing without the breakages that we see posted on this site.

hi, the bike is very different to a stock one. i thought too that it would be just a well set up std bike. there are so many differences and it all works fantasticly.
unfortunatly i am giving the bikes up now so mine is up for grabs. i spoke to a guy at aprilia the other day and he rekons that they only actually made 25 of these in total. mine has done under 20 hours!!!!!!

RXV_Poor
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
hi, the bike is very different to a stock one. i thought too that it would be just a well set up std bike. there are so many differences and it all works fantasticly.
unfortunatly i am giving the bikes up now so mine is up for grabs. i spoke to a guy at aprilia the other day and he rekons that they only actually made 25 of these in total. mine has done under 20 hours!!!!!!

If I could afford it.