PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Adaptor

davidimurray
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello

I was wondering if someone could do me a quick favour and have a look at their engine. We plan to setup an SXV 550 on our engine dyno. To do this we need to mate the engine with a driveshaft. The driveshaft requires a 110mm dia flange. My query is, will a 110mm flange fit in the space where the sprocket is, or will I need to offset the flange outward to clear anything. If so - then how much will it need to be offset. This info would be most useful as it will allow us to get the adaptor made up before the engines arrive.

Cheers

Dave

Jim Hubert
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
If I understand you correctly, it looks like a 110mm flange will not hit anything.

There is a bushing behind the sprocket that "stands off" the sprocket to clear the engine castings. As long as you retain the bushing, a 110mm diameter should not hit anything.

Jim Hubert
11-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Looking at the picture I just posed, I noticed what might have been "chain wear" on the clutch actuation shaft casting. But there is no way the chain can rub there. It must have been machined at the factory.

RXV_Poor
11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Looking at the picture I just posed, I noticed what might have been "chain wear" on the clutch actuation shaft casting. But there is no way the chain can rub there. It must have been machined at the factory.

On the RXV the chain goes right through there. That's the reason I switched to a 14t counter shaft sprocket. The lower gearing was a nice benefit after the fact for off road.

Jim Hubert
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
On the RXV the chain goes right through there

Not sure I understand. You mean the chain can wear through the casting?

I suppose the SXV's wider rear wheel requires more sprocket offset.

duc slayer
11-15-2007, 07:04 PM
have you changed to a bigger front sprocket ??

RXV_Poor
11-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Not sure I understand. You mean the chain can wear through the casting?

I suppose the SXV's wider rear wheel requires more sprocket offset.

Offset is the answer. On the RXV the chain is right next to the case and the chain fits really close to that notch. So I went with the safer option.

davidimurray
11-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Cheers guys - thanks for that. Hopefully my guy is looking at the design today and should be getting bits made next week. When our engine arrives I will send some pics of the dyno setup.

Cheers

Dave

tgornik
11-18-2007, 03:09 AM
And yes, i do believe the "wear lines" are machined from the factory. They are on my brand new SXV550