PDA

View Full Version : Tubeless tire kits!!!

Jet City Racer
11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
I hear folks have been looking for tubeless tire kits for the SXV and very soon I'll have them available! Similar to the carbon fiber ones but with a much better price tag. Right around $130/140 for a complete kit to do both wheels, plus shipping.

Sorry for the fuzzy cel phone picture.

http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/10-20-07_1006.jpg

If interested, please let me know.

:cheers:

uberchicken
11-05-2007, 12:11 AM
General info on how this works?

Beau1K
11-05-2007, 12:18 AM
General info on how this works?

How about...what's included in the kit and what are we looking at?

uberchicken
11-05-2007, 02:16 AM
that too please

spencer
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the offering JCR! Do the gloves come in XL:happy:, they look a bit small in the pic?

Spence

koekeroe
11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.s2-concept.com/
meabe this is something
but you have to know frenchs

Jet City Racer
11-05-2007, 12:47 PM
The kits are a multi layer sealing kit that prevents air loss on spoked rims, but have some distict advantages over the carbon/kevlar ones. Instead of simple round stickers these kits have fiber thread nipple tape and have two full layers of different width sealant tape unlike the single layer of c/k tape for a longer lasting/more durable seal.

Plus they cost half as much! :plus:

I did both of my wheels in about 40 minutes and shaved off almost 3lbs of unsprung weight!

Sorry, the gloves only come in one size, too small. :D

Jet City Racer
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Any interest??

duc slayer
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
hell yeah, it's easier than me losing 3 pounds :D

Jet City Racer
11-06-2007, 08:35 PM
hell yeah, it's easier than me losing 3 pounds :D
I have one set available now, if you want them I can send it right out. $130 including shipping for you. :)

Paypal addy is jeancdahl@comcast.net

I still need race fuel for Friday! :burnout:

smstroben
11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
im interested. enough of this tube shit. i though i was done with these when i took my huffy to the dump.

uberchicken
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
You got me interested. Let me know when you have more sets. $130 for three pounds of unsprung weight is a hell of a deal!

duc slayer
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm gonna hold of for now as my riding season is pretty much over, so if one of you guys wants to jump on this go for it. I wanna wait to see if I'm gonna get an 08 or strip this one down and play with it. also need to wait until the Factory is sold so I have some play $$$

but JCR let me know if no one has taken the Kit by Thursday and I will definitely take it

uberchicken
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
OK, JCR I have a total NOOB question or two.

Do the spokes on these bikes ever get adjusted or is it a one time, true the wheel and leave it? If they do get adjusted, I assume we need to re-patch the spoke hole. In that case, does the kit come with extra patches for this sort of situation?

Jet City Racer
11-06-2007, 11:57 PM
OK, JCR I have a total NOOB question or two.

Do the spokes on these bikes ever get adjusted or is it a one time, true the wheel and leave it? If they do get adjusted, I assume we need to re-patch the spoke hole. In that case, does the kit come with extra patches for this sort of situation?
That's actually a good q. Once the spokes settle in they rarely need adjustment, but if you do break a spoke there is sufficient "left overs" to patch a few. I adjusted/trued my wheels in January 2006 and everything's still perfect.

I'm planning on ordering more kits, I just need to know how many as importing/shipping isn't cheap. :bangwall:

So if I get a large enough group buy I might be able to keep everyone happy @ $130. :burnout:

duc slayer
11-07-2007, 10:48 AM
how well would they (or would they even) work on an MX bike??

Jet City Racer
11-07-2007, 12:06 PM
how well would they (or would they even) work on an MX bike??For dirt bikes use these: www.nuetech.com

With the soft sidewalls & low air pressures ran in dirt bike tires you would pop the bead as soon as you hit a square edged rut or rock.

So who wants this set?

RXV_Poor
11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
For dirt bikes use these: www.nuetech.com

With the soft sidewalls & low air pressures ran in dirt bike tires you would pop the bead as soon as you hit a square edged rut or rock.

So who wants this set?

Earlier this year I tried to get some but they only had 19" wheel size. Now I'm going to wait a little longer and try again.

uberchicken
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
let me know when you have two sets available jcr, I've got a co-worker who wants a set also.

Jet City Racer
11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
let me know when you have two sets available jcr, I've got a co-worker who wants a set also.
I've already ordered more kits. :burnout:

uberchicken
01-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I case anyone was wondering how these turned out, I installed mine today.

It took me more than 40 minutes but i was using tire levers.

I screwed up one of them, as soon as I cut it I knew it. I easily fixed it though with a bit of silicon.

It's cold and it's late so I just went for a cruise around the block.

As expected it's noticeably more responsive to throttle and turn in. It does of course lift the front easier, enough that it caught me off guard a couple times.

I'm really looking forward to my track day on the 16th!

Thanks Don, it was worth the wait.

duc slayer
01-27-2008, 12:52 PM
:plus: sweet, I'll be looking to do this shortly and I'm also waiting for some effing sun, as I got my bro the Neutech set up for his CRF450, so I'm very interested in seeing the difference

also RXVPOOR check back with neutech in about 20-30 days on the 21'' setup. I was told 45 days a week or so before X-mas and 60 days for 17'', 18'' and 20''

EDIT just got off the phone with them and it now looks like the beginning of march will be the release of the 21'' kit

RXV_Poor
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
:plus: sweet, I'll be looking to do this shortly and I'm also waiting for some effing sun, as I got my bro the Neutech set up for his CRF450, so I'm very interested in seeing the difference

also RXVPOOR check back with neutech in about 20-30 days on the 21'' setup. I was told 45 days a week or so before X-mas and 60 days for 17'', 18'' and 20''

EDIT just got off the phone with them and it now looks like the beginning of march will be the release of the 21'' kit

Thanks Duc. I was just thinking about them again. Hard to believe I wanted to trey them in May of last year. If they work well I might try them in my ADV bike also.

uberchicken
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Bonus! They seem to hold air as planned!

darkside
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Give us an updtae in a week or two to see if they're still holding air.

Jet City Racer
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Give us an update in a week or two to see if they're still holding air.My tires have only lost 3lbs of air in over 2 months.

If anyone is interested in a set, please send me a PM. If I can get 10 orders together, I might be able to save you some $'s doing a group buy. :plus:

Thanks Don, it was worth the wait.
Uber~ Glad they're working for you. Do you still need the precut nipple tape for your friends wheels? It arrived today.

cyborg
01-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Is this group buy only for SXV's and not RXV's? (18/21)

uberchicken
01-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Uber~ Glad they're working for you. Do you still need the precut nipple tape for your friends wheels? It arrived today.

that would be great! Thanks Don.

Jet City Racer
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
that would be great! Thanks Don.
PM me your address again as I just deleted all my PM's.

Include your name this time unless you want the envelope labeled Uberchicken like the kits. :D

Jet City Racer
02-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm trying to get 10 orders together and if I do it will allow me to ship them to you for free. With the decline of the US dollar, the kits are now $150 plus $10 shipping to anywhere in the US. They reduce the unsprung weight of your bike by almost 3 lbs!!!

Still, the best mod for the dollar you will find anywhere!!!

Nubus: 2 kits
darkside: 1 kit.

Please Paypal $163.00 USD per kit and if I get 10 or more orders I will send a check back for $10 to everyone with your kits.

Paypal to: jeancdahl@comcast.net

It make take up to 3 weeks to get the kits one I place the order, so the sooner the better as many guys have races coming up.

Thanks!

JCR.

duc slayer
02-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I'll be paypaling you later tonight, I need a set for the SXV

EDIT.....$$$$$ sent :cheers:

darkside
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
JCR,
Do you have kits in?

nubus
02-05-2008, 06:50 PM
PayPal Complete!!!
Thanks JCR!!!

Jet City Racer
02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
JCR,
Do you have kits in?
Please read post #30. ;)

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1713015&postcount=30

RobertM
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The money for one set is sent via PayPal. I live in Norway, but have an address in New Jersey you can use (the address is PMed to you).

cyborg
02-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey JCR, can you add a RXV wheel kit to the group buy or are they not available yet?

duc slayer
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
.................stupidity Edit

:D

cyborg
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
should be the same right?? and I only say this as I believe jcr used them on his CRF, and aren't the RXV rims standard (as in the same as the jap bikes)

This thread started out as an SXV wheel kit. Didn't get answer on my first post, so I'm still not sure if this is a group buy for SXV wheels only, but I would like to get in on it if if covers 18/21 wheels.

Jet City Racer
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey JCR, can you add a RXV wheel kit to the group buy or are they not available yet?
Only 16.5 and 17" wheels, and I wouldn't recommend the for dirt bike wheels,(18"/21") as the pressures are too low to seal the bead.

Jet City Racer
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Please include your screen name in the Paypal notes so I don't get folks confused.

Nubus, you're Brian, correct? (Paid for 2)

Robert M, I figured that one out all by myself. :D (Paid)

Darkside (RandyS) (Paid)

Ducslayer (Paid)

cyborg
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Only 16.5 and 17" wheels, and I wouldn't recommend the for dirt bike wheels,(18"/21") as the pressures are too low to seal the bead.

OK, thanks. Also all along I though this was a group buy for www.nuetech.com kits http://cyb.smugmug.com/photos/218029505-L.jpg
I need to read better.

"Nevermind" - Roseanne Roseannadanna http://snltranscripts.jt.org/79/pics/79nupdate3.jpg

Jet City Racer
02-05-2008, 08:40 PM
OK, thanks. Also all along I though this was a group buy for www.nuetech.com kits http://cyb.smugmug.com/photos/218029505-L.jpg
I need to read better.

"Nevermind" - Roseanne Roseannadanna http://snltranscripts.jt.org/79/pics/79nupdate3.jpg:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost :funnypost :funnypost :funnypost Don't feel bad, yer brain is just waterlogged from all the rain. :D

RobertM~ How long will the carrier be in port? It might be 3 weeks or so before I get the kits imported.

cyborg
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
:funnypost Don't feel bad, yer brain is just waterlogged from all the rain. :D

Likely true, and it is raining, will be riding home in it tonight. Really it's too much work, my short term memory buffers are overloaded and dumping data. :bangwall:

nubus
02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Correct JCR.
Nubus ~ Brian

Thanks Again!

Half way to ten!

RobertM
02-06-2008, 02:27 AM
RobertM~ How long will the carrier be in port? It might be 3 weeks or so before I get the kits imported.

That's not a problem - a carrier leaves every thursday. And I haven't got my bike from the dealer yet and it's snow until end of March here. I got plenty of time :)

RXV_Poor
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry to crash your thread JCR I just received this from nuetech.

Thanks for the e-mail and interest!

21" will be here end of March and the 18" at the end of April.

Please check back then.

All the best!
Jeff

Jet City Racer
02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I ordered the 5 kits today and was still able to get a price break. :) As soon as I get the import info, I'll let you know.

Jet City Racer
02-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Kits are on their way guys. :plus:

Keep an eye out for the big brown truck. :banana:

duc slayer
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
sweet thank you sir :cheers:

nubus
02-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks again JCR!!!

darkside
02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Got mine too! Thanks.

Jet City Racer
02-15-2008, 10:29 PM
When doing the install, DON"T RUSH IT!!! Prep work is everything, especially in the tire bead area.

If you do it right they will last for a long time. :plus:

ps~ Adjust the spokes and true your wheels first! if you have spokes sticking through the nipple more than a thread or two, grind/file them down.

Lemme know if you have any q's, but I won't probably be around a computer until Monday to answer them.

Off to the track! :banana:

fast4d
11-22-2008, 01:25 AM
do you have any more kits?

Jet City Racer
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
do you have any more kits?

I just saw your post. I can import a kit or two if you like.

it isn't a problem for me at all.

Anyone else interested???

Paappis
12-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Any possibilities to get a set in Finland? You're the only one who sells these kits in a reasonable price as far as i know. And yes, there's no one in Finland who sells these kits =(

Jet City Racer
12-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Any possibilities to get a set in Finland? You're the only one who sells these kits in a reasonable price as far as i know. And yes, there's no one in Finland who sells these kits =(

Sure, I'll gladly ship to Finland. The best piece I ever had in my life was from Helsinki. (Jehri) :lover:

Let me check on the exchange rate from japan and shipping to finland. What city do you live in?

Jet City Racer
12-07-2008, 11:21 PM
The prices have gone up a bit, as has everything but gas but is still a great value for the unsprung weight savings.

$173 for a complete set to do two wheels, plus $10 shipping anywhere in the US.

paapis, shipping to finland is only $23.50

Your total is $196.50.

Please paypal to jetcityracer@yahoo.com and I'll order your kit this week. You should have it in about 10 days. :cool:

Paappis
12-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Cool! I'll check if any of my friends would want a set too, may take a day or two.
I live in Turku btw.. The city with the river full of EVERYTHING :D

EDIT: PayPalled, may take a few days to transfer though. 1 set ordered. :)

fast4d
12-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I have to put on hold for a little while. if my mille doesn't sell I won't be buying a new bike so I'll have money for some tubeless rims.

Jet City Racer
12-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I have to put on hold for a little while. if my mille doesn't sell I won't be buying a new bike so I'll have money for some tubeless rims.

lets see, how many tubeless kits do I have to sell to get your Mille?????? :D

OZRS
12-09-2008, 04:23 AM
How much for postage to Australia?

Markee
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
How much for postage to Australia?

Ditto. Package deal on postage to Aus.

OZRS would you be interested in sharing the freight cost on 2 sets from JCR then one of us could post to the other locally?

duc slayer
12-09-2008, 08:23 PM
you'd be crazy not to :cheers:

10pointjames
12-09-2008, 09:07 PM
You can do the same thing by applying high temperature red silicone over each spoke nipple. Then apply a layer of silver foil tape (like used on H.V.A.C. ductwork),after letting silicone fully cure. Then apply one layer of duct tape over foil tape to protect it from damage when changing tires. Have been through 2 track days and some street riding after trying this on my bike and have not had any signs of air loss. Less than $15.00 in material.:cheers:

Mr Helmut
12-10-2008, 11:42 AM
You can do the same thing by applying high temperature red silicone over each spoke nipple. Then apply a layer of silver foil tape (like used on H.V.A.C. ductwork),after letting silicone fully cure. Then apply one layer of duct tape over foil tape to protect it from damage when changing tires. Have been through 2 track days and some street riding after trying this on my bike and have not had any signs of air loss. Less than $15.00 in material.:cheers:

Sounds like a great idea. The read silicon i found. But was is H.V.A.C ductwork? Any pic on the tape you used?

//Alex

duc slayer
12-10-2008, 12:04 PM
It's the silver tape that would be used to seal up duct work on an air conditioning system, like a roof mount system, also the same for a roof top heating system. Any good plumbing supplier should have it :cheers:

10pointjames
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Just like Duc said,it's used to tape seams on ductwork like you may have for your furnace in your house. Just make sure inside of wheel is completely clean before applying silicone and tape.:peace: Oh Yeah. h.v.a.c. is heating,ventilation, and air conditioning.

Jet City Racer
12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Ditto. Package deal on postage to Aus.

OZRS would you be interested in sharing the freight cost on 2 sets from JCR then one of us could post to the other locally?

I can send two kits to Oz for $45.00 total. :plus:

If you want two sets, please send $391 USD total to: jetcityracer@yahoo.com You will have your kits in only 10-14 days.

Jet City Racer
12-10-2008, 09:44 PM
You can do the same thing by applying high temperature red silicone over each spoke nipple. Then apply a layer of silver foil tape (like used on H.V.A.C. ductwork),after letting silicone fully cure. Then apply one layer of duct tape over foil tape to protect it from damage when changing tires.
Well, heck, why not just use roofing tar?

You're gonna spend all your hard earned money on your bike and then scrimp by using duct tape to seal your wheels?

Markee
12-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I can send two kits to Oz for $45.00 total. :plus:

If you want two sets, please send $391 USD total to: jetcityracer@yahoo.com You will have your kits in only 10-14 days.

Thanx for the offer JCR. Unfortunately the aussie dollar value against the $US is not that good and doesn't make it cheaper. As I can get the French LP Tubeliss Kit hear for about the same money.
OZRS if you want the LP kit let me know and I'll forward the details to you.

Cheers JCR.

Markee

10pointjames
12-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, heck, why not just use roofing tar?

You're gonna spend all your hard earned money on your bike and then scrimp by using duct tape to seal your wheels?

The duct tape is just to protect the other and my setup hasnt leaked a pound of air since doing it 3 months ago. And a whole lot cheaper. Dont hate on people trying alternate methods of doing things and passing the info on to others.:bond::bond:

Jet City Racer
12-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Paapis, your kit is in the mail.

Thanks for the order. :cheers:

Jet City Racer
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Dont hate on people trying alternate methods of doing things and passing the info on to others.:bond::bond:

So you won't mind if the next time you're selling a bike or parts that I tell them where to get it cheaper? http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/mouthtaped.gif

10pointjames
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
So you won't mind if the next time you're selling a bike or parts that I tell them where to get it cheaper? http://www.upitall.com/Public/Pictures/mouthtaped.gif

I am on this forum as are most other people, to get information about these bikes and to find out what works and what doesn't. I am not trying to take any money out of your pocket, just letting others know what worked for me. If I didn't work on my bike myself and fabricate and come up with my own ideas I wouldn't be able to be in this sport. Guys like Cal, Amauri, Ollie and many others have given me valuable info on these bikes and not charged a dime. I think of some of these guys as friends and have not met any of them. So yes I will continue to let everyone on here know about what worked for me or what didn't work. :cheers:

JCSUPERMOTO
12-15-2008, 05:13 AM
You should lower your prices then and be more competitive?

Paappis
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Paapis, your kit is in the mail.

Thanks for the order. :cheers:

Got the package today! Superfast! Thanks JCR!
Now it's time to get rid of my tubes! :banana:

Jet City Racer
12-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Got the package today! Superfast! Thanks JCR!
Now it's time to get rid of my tubes! :banana:

Don't rush the install. Take your time prepping the wheels and file down any spoke tips if they stick out more than a few mm's. make sure to tighten the spokes and true the wheels before the install. Mine leaked even less than when I had tubes.

Jet City Racer
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
You should lower your prices then and be more competitive?

I make $20 a kit, how much more should I lower my prices? To the best of my knowledge, I'm less expensive than any other set on the market.

If we can get 5 sets or more I can get a break of $10 per set, so if anyone is interested $163 per set plus shipping.

That's a small price to pay for a 3lb reduction in unsprung and rotational mass weight.

macipod
01-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I have a tubliss core set fitted in my RXV wheels altought I thinks thatīs not suitable for road use

http://gallery.mac.com/macipodster#100117/IMG_0675&bgcolor=black

macipod
01-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Rear tubliss core fitted to my RXV althought I thinks itīs not suitable for road use
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3297/3185175032_02eed27760_b.jpg

RXV_Poor
01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I replied in the wrong spot.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168953

I'm an idiot.