PDA

View Full Version : U, with big bore malossi or polini, check

Jebediah
11-09-2003, 03:52 PM
I´m planing to get polini 70 in spring and i wanna know something:

ditech engines have:

no kick-starter
automatic electronic zaug (if u dont know what ``zaug´´ is, ask, will try to find some other word for it)

does your 70ccm big bore kit starts in first? because i heard people with carbed motors talk, that tey need to start then engines with kick-start if they are cold..

how does your motor work with 70? does it start in first?

PAUL
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
This is what many people have been wondering actually. Many 70cc's on carb scoots cause too much 'compression', which causes the electic starter not to be able to start the scoot.

The difference with the Ditech 70cc is, is that the electric starter actually is much more powerful than compared to a carbed scoot. You may have also noticed that the battery of a ditech is more powerful.

NATO-ohjus
11-25-2003, 12:25 PM
I think that it will start well if your battery is good but if it is quite shitty then it can be hard to start. But you can always make a homemade kickstarter if you like.

PAUL
11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
no, with ditech you cannot have a kickstarter...

Jebediah
11-25-2003, 03:07 PM
always make a homemade kickstarter if you like.

LoL

what? do you have a 4in1carburator kit?

NATO-ohjus
11-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by PAUL
no, with ditech you cannot have a kickstarter...
why not, it is just the"buzz" that you have to do with battery. Then you can use either electric or kickstart . But I´m not sure, maybe it doesnt work.

Jebediah
11-26-2003, 07:57 AM
yeah, the faults why you scooter doesnt start are:

your fuel pump dies - kickstarter cant help, you need a new fuelpump that u get at your dealer ;)

your baterry runs out - you need cables and another 12v battery or u need a new battery ; do you keep a spare battery in your pocket or smth?

these are the problems, for ditech (sure yes there are others problems why it wouldnt start..but werent talking about them)

now explain me, how would you create a kick starter?

you sad a buzz from a pump...yes, but the pump is on electricity, no electricitiy no fuel pump, get it?

if u have electricity = no problems = scooter starts = you dont need a kickstart

tel me different if im wrong?

ditechspain
11-26-2003, 07:58 AM
The reason you don´t have a kickstart on a ditech is that you would have to be an olympic athlete to kick one into life.

You have to run the (electric) fuelpump for at least 5 and preferably 8 seconds to get enough fuel pressure for the injector to be able to work. Without that pressure you can kick all you like and no fuel will get into the cylinder. Without a 12 volt supply the fuel pump will not work and you would need to kick the motor enough to generate enough juice to run the fuel pump, the ECU and the ignition coil. You also have to turn the motor over enough to work the air compressor that feeds air to the fuel injector which is why the motor always has to turn over a few times before it fires.

So, if no electrics, call a tow truck

NATO-ohjus
11-26-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Jebediah
yeah, the faults why you scooter doesnt start are:

your fuel pump dies - kickstarter cant help, you need a new fuelpump that u get at your dealer ;)

your baterry runs out - you need cables and another 12v battery or u need a new battery ; do you keep a spare battery in your pocket or smth?

these are the problems, for ditech (sure yes there are others problems why it wouldnt start..but werent talking about them)

now explain me, how would you create a kick starter?

you sad a buzz from a pump...yes, but the pump is on electricity, no electricitiy no fuel pump, get it?

if u have electricity = no problems = scooter starts = you dont need a kickstart

tel me different if im wrong?
you arent wrong at all. But if the battery is low or it is cold or something, then the kick start would be a lifesaver.

Jebediah
11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
but, for crying out loud man!

its a ditech, read the upper post from ditechspain again!

if u would have a standard kickstarter (like carburator scooters have) then it wouldnt help you NOTHING! you would die before u would turn the motor on that way!!!!

if u LIKE a kickstarter, then dont buy ditech! there is no solution for your problem, except that, that you cary in your helmet case this things:

reserve ignition coil
reserve fuel pump
a lots of tools
reserve battery

that´s a kickstarter for a ditech! :banana:

M|t3k
11-29-2003, 05:19 AM
yeah... but the electric started sux also... i had a fully stock ditech and died...
and i was traped 40km from home.. grrrr

phidauex
11-29-2003, 06:16 PM
You need power to operate the ECU and the pumps. Without electricity, no go. This is the same reason you can't push-start modern fuel injected cars. Of course, batteries are getting much better, so it doesn't come up as often as it does with older cars.

Kick starts just wouldn't work, sadly. I recommend keeping your battery topped up with a battery tender.

peace,
sam