PDA

View Full Version : capable dealer

AP-RXV
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Bought a used RXV 450 that has a few issues. I've got water in the oil and it needs to be mapped. Looking for a good dealer and i am willing to drive. I'm located in the central coast section of California.

waxxer
10-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I have heard there is a dealer in Monterey. I do not konw if they are any good. The next one North would be Moto Italiano in Santa Cruz. They are good but real busy. After that there is Cal speed Sports in Livermore. CSS is great.

I do not know of any heading towards LA but there must be someone in the Santa Barbara area.

Where was the bike purchased from? Chances are they may show more interest in the bike.

Good luck.

uberchicken
10-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Doesn't Amauri work in Ca somewhere?

SLORider
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Bought a used RXV 450 that has a few issues. I've got water in the oil and it needs to be mapped. Looking for a good dealer and i am willing to drive. I'm located in the central coast section of California.

I'm your neighbor--do you ride sand? Let's do Pismo. Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine. It's four hours during non-peak traffic.

AP-RXV
10-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the info

soyrico
10-31-2007, 08:33 PM

I hear good things about California Speed Sports in Livermore. I live near San Jose and I make the drive to Livermore, in fact my RXV 450 is with them right now getting getting the starter fixed.

RZRob
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
I can't complain about Spectrum except that Amauri isn't there anymore. I really like Speed Sports. I talk about them whenever I can. Kregg and Terry know the products and what they're doing. CSS is one of the classier looking places too and they stock a lot of the high-tech eye candy. Buy Kregg lunch and get him to take you on a couple back roads around the shop. That'll make it worth the trip.

BTW, CSS is quite a trek from OC, but I've made it up there and back in one day before. I almost did it twice, but all the playing in the hills took from my driving time so I had to pull over and sleep on the side of the road halfway home last time.

RZ Rob

soyrico
10-31-2007, 11:02 PM
BTW, CSS is quite a trek from OC, but I've made it up there and back in one day before. I almost did it twice, but all the playing in the hills took from my driving time so I had to pull over and sleep on the side of the road halfway home last time.

RZ Rob

Did you buy a new toy.....Come-on you can tells us
:WTF:

RXV_Poor
11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Cal Speed Sports have been good to me.

RZRob
11-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Did you buy a new toy.....Come-on you can tells us
:WTF:No, I wish. I bought 3 Apes from them though. When I bought my Factory, I left early in the morning and was there by noon. Then turned around and was home by like 9:00.

When I bought my SXV, again, I was there by noon, cracked open the crate and set-up the bike then did a great break-in ride on some fun back roads. Finally left for home around 5:00 and could barely stay awake by dark. I pulled into a rest stop and slept in my truck with the window down (I was carrying another SXV for someone else too). I awoke around 4:00 to the sprinklers dousing me and continued my drive home. I made it back by 9:00 in the morning.

RZ Rob

hjscrew
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Scuderia West. I have always wondered why no one mentions these guys. They have great mechanics meaning their mechanics are trained which seemed to be hard to find.

hjscrew
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
San Francisco

gmcenroe
11-01-2007, 07:09 PM
San Francisco

I second the vote for Scuderia West in SF , they did my pipes and chip, did a great job, very professional.

RXV_Poor
11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I second the vote for Scuderia West in SF , they did my pipes and chip, did a great job, very professional.

I haven't been there so I didn't want to comment.

mrblog
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
My experience with California Speed Sports in Livermore has been abysmal. It might be bike specific - they do not seem to have much experience with dirt bikes and I have bought an RXV from them. Unfortunately they seem to screw it up every time they touch it.

RXV_Poor
12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
My experience with California Speed Sports in Livermore has been abysmal. It might be bike specific - they do not seem to have much experience with dirt bikes and I have bought an RXV from them. Unfortunately they seem to screw it up every time they touch it.

Huh, I bought my RXV there and haven't really had an issue with them. I don't get any "deals" or anything like that but I have to admit I'm kind of surprised.

What has been happening?

Monkeyboy
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
My data is a bit old, ~ 2 years, but I had paint scratched up when getting news buns. Also had pricing and availability on tires, change (significantly) from my phone call to arriving at the shop.
I'm getting ready to relocate from the Bay Area to Oregon and will be getting some stuff done before I leave. I'll be using Scuderia.

Slight hi-jack, when I last talked to Scuderia, they really pushed the PCIII and a custom map. I'm going to do this but want to retain the FP chip. Have they done this for anyone (I know...ask them).