PDA

View Full Version : Any better Rear brake lever assembly ?

ADROCK
10-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Can anyone suggest an adjustable rear brake assembly as the standard one does not allow you to cover the rear brake during wheelies ( as i'm sure you all have found ) without the foot/ankle in an uncomfortable elevated position . It appears even adjusting the set up , compromises the piston play etc. :cheers:

irie
10-29-2007, 10:52 AM
I never cover the rear brake either, always seem to forget! :rolleyes:

Maybe put a thumb brake lever on?

ADROCK
10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
I never cover the rear brake either, always seem to forget! :rolleyes:

Maybe put a thumb brake lever on?

Could be an idea .. but throttle roll and controlling the brake with the thumb at the same time could be a bit tricky ! I think i'll have to come up with my own rear brake lever , angled down . :cheers:

irie
10-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Could be an idea .. but throttle roll and controlling the brake with the thumb at the same time could be a bit tricky ! I think i'll have to come up with my own rear brake lever , angled down . :cheers:

Thumb brake lever goes on the left.

kuzwing
10-30-2007, 06:26 AM
If it's any help I had the same problem to get round it i adjusted the rear brake piston so there was enough free play to put my foot on the lever in a straight position without the brake dragging

ADROCK
10-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Thumb brake lever goes on the left.

Are they relatively easy to fit ?.. and where can i get one ? :worship:

:cheers:

duc slayer
10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
pm Istunt or ryan moore (actually I'm not sure if that's his screen name) the are both into the stunt scene and might be able to help you

shanes
10-31-2007, 01:18 AM
what about the hammerhead ones off the CRF i think would be very close ?? any tried one of these ?? i am looking for new ones also as my toe pieces are all broken and flat need something a little stronger

irie
10-31-2007, 02:16 AM
Are they relatively easy to fit ?.. and where can i get one ? :worship:

:cheers:

I think Rekluse sell them (maybe).

PainterDude
10-31-2007, 03:05 AM
what about the hammerhead ones off the CRF i think would be very close ?? any tried one of these ?? i am looking for new ones also as my toe pieces are all broken and flat need something a little stronger

I use the hammerhead on my SXV, but it is not a direct bolt on, I needed to machine my own pivot bushing, CRF is smaller...also clevis is at an angle (cocked a bit) & I needed to grind the peg mounts for clearance...Not easy to fit but I was detemend to mount it... Really no difference in clearence, just looks better, Stock lever actualy workls better...

Berringer makes a rear master cylinder that I may try to offer more downward adjustability of stock lever...

shanes
10-31-2007, 03:41 AM
i am just looking for something stronger , but if you had trouble with clearance with the standard peg i would have to grind it away as i have FRO pegs with 15 mm raises for ground clearance .

can you post up a pic i dont wont to buy one and have it not work with my pegs

cheers shane