PDA

View Full Version : Where does the chip go?

BigGlen
11-08-2003, 09:09 PM
I have my FP Tuono chip at the ready. Where does it go?
I thought it would be obvious when I removed that rubber cover under the seat. But when I did, all I saw was a silver colored sealed box.

Who can shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

clarkie49
11-08-2003, 09:21 PM
oh grasshopper, open the shiny silver box :D

4 phillips screws will open the box and you will be able to pry the stock chip out with a flatblade screw driver.

if there is silicon on the stock chip cut it off with a sharp knife or a razor blade.

just make sure you dont touch any pins on the new (or old ) chip and make sure you line the notch up correctly.

reinstall the shiny cover, pray you intalled the chip the right way and hit the starter:D

clarkie

BigGlen
11-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Much gratitude Master Clarkie. :)

clarkie49
11-08-2003, 09:37 PM
rock on!

hey i though you were coming up to the SSC grand opening, there were a few crazy people that rode, actually there were a shit load of bikes in the parking lot.

clarkie

BigGlen
11-08-2003, 11:24 PM
But, I wasn't able to break away from the family for the whole day. And it would have taken many hours for a round trip from Stamford, CT to Derry, NH!

I'll make it up there sooner or later.
Hey do you guys have a Dyno?

clarkie49
11-09-2003, 10:41 AM
we are still shopping around, a certain group that gave us a quote a couple of months ago just jacked the price up $6000 so i am kinda over them.

looking at the MJP Dyno, North Valley Honda in phoenix has one that my old team mate and good friend Mark Ledesma runs.

It is the best of both a dynojet 250 and an eddy current dyno combined, 4 gas, eddy brake, gives real time hp so when the bike is at 7500rpm and 80% throttle you can see exact hp and then you can add fuel or take it away with the pciii and watch the hp to get the best hp for each rpm.

like your bike might like 13:1 af at 7,500rpm but 12.8:1 af at 9,500rpm, mine may be the oposite.

oh yeah and unlike the factory pro it will read in dj numbers, weather the dj numbers are right or wrong they are the industry standard.

we should have one in by xmas

clarkie