PDA

View Full Version : SSC's open house.

Jony2Stones
11-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Excellent new grounds, always nice people.

Nice meeting you Aaron, I'm sure I'll make a bother of myself soon. ;)

BTW, I've fallen for that 04 silver factory. Bad thoughts were running through my mind on the way home...:D

clarkie49
11-08-2003, 08:57 PM
hey dude,

yeah it was cool meeting you as well. we actually had a few people from the forum turn up. it was bloody cold but the sun was shinning and the coffee didnt stop.

everyone was really happy with how the day went, at one stage we had more people checking out the new guzzi's than the aprilia's, or maybe it was the box of donuts next to the guzzi's

for anyone wondering jony2stones is much scarier in person than in his avatar :fangs:

oh yeah, i think the silver factory has fallen for you too :D

clarkie

Jony2Stones
11-09-2003, 01:16 AM
I'm gonna try and get down there during normal business hours. I've got some part quotes that I need and I didnt want to bother with it during the Open House.

Plus I'd like some advice on chips/mods to do over the winter.

for anyone wondering jony2stones is much scarier in person than in his avatar

Hahaa yeah, I'm a real P-I-M-P...:banana: :happy: :happy:

Kid Thunder
11-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Went to SSC open house. It is a great area & the new building looks like it has a lot of possibilities. Met Clarkie. he's shorter than I thought!!! Just kidding, great guy! Even better in person than on line. Seems to have all the patience of God with anyones questions! I am coming up again to have my PC111 set up when the dyno is up & running. Clarkie, you convinced me without even trying to have you do the work. Nice to find someone who knows what they are talking about without trying to bullshit me. I have some knowlege with bikes being a half ass mechcanic myself(had a small shop out of my house years ago) & this guy knows his stuff. Of course Jessie & Jim & all the guys that run this place are top notch!! I went up to see them when I bought my Tuono in January & bought it from a dealer closer to home & they still remembered me & were really good to me when I went up there to shop. Even called me back in Feb. to see if I still was looking for a Tuono. Great follow-up! Even asked how my knee was on the phone(just had surgury in Dec 02).
Clarkie, keep us informed when the dyno is up & running & you get all the bugs out & get some time on it. I'll be BACK!!!

clarkie49
11-09-2003, 04:11 PM
cheers kid,

was real nce to meet you and your friends.

i will keep everyone informed on the new developments.

clarkie

theImmoralist
11-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Kid Thunder
Met Clarkie. he's shorter than I thought!!!

Awww...don't burst my bubble. I picture Clarkie as this tall, handsome, dashing racer stud. Kind of like Eric Bostrom. ;)

Kid Thunder
11-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Hey, maybe we can get him to post a picture istead of being the Mystery Man!!

Kid Thunder

clarkie49
11-10-2003, 09:21 AM
i want to use a picture like jony2stones :D

clarkie