PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander Problems

Craig67
10-24-2007, 04:41 AM
My Mechanic just rang me up saying the he cant tune the power commander because when her connects the second injector lead the throttle position sensor read 100% he has tried reversing the leads and he has checked to make sure that he has the throttle sensor attache to the correct wire. any help at all would be appreciated.

MDRSV
10-24-2007, 06:40 AM
you calibrate the TPS after you have it all connected using the software commands. with throtle closed set it to 0 percent, opnen throttle all the way and set that to be 100 percent. Look in the menus, its iu there. Most times they are never 0 and 100 upon initial connection.

Craig67
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
The software shows the throttle position at 100% even after the unit has been calibrated. The wire the sensor has been checked to make sure its the correct one. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Micah / AF1 Racing
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
If it is constantly showing 100% TPS then either it is hooked up to the wrong wire or it is a bad unit.

Does the bike run fine without the PCIII?

If so then the wire to look for out of the three going into the tps should read voltages of about .5v to 4.8v closed to open.

I am guessing it is hooked up wrong.