PDA

View Full Version : parts I should buy

Elridor
10-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Any suggestions

I have a friend who has bought a totaled RSVR 06 and he's want's to part it. He's taking the forks for himself and plan to put the engin on Ebay. My question is What part of that bike should I absolutely buy as spair or as un update to my 04 RSVR?

For example, I wanted to take the dash but I understood it wouldn't match with my key and would be useless?

I know I should take the rectifier cause... you know....

What about the rear shock? Noticably better than mine (Sachs)?

troski
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
i believe dash can be used as your key matches your imobiliser not dash-at least that is the case with my '04.

Crazy Horse
10-13-2007, 08:55 AM
If your bike does not have the updated swingarm I would pick that up. If his shock is the base ohlins shock I would not waste the money. Buy the better one from AF1 or a Penske.

Elridor
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok guys

I have the updated swing arm. And, as it is a RSVR it should have the base Ohlins. Good to know, it's not worth the expense dough...

Crazy Horse
10-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I tend to look at bike parts a bit differently than some. I look at parts as crash parts. I would probably look at getting the levers, clipons unless you have after market and maybe the subframe. I would also look for decent upgrades that he may have. A PClll, quickshifter, aftermarket clipons even if the bars are bent they can be replaced. The oil tank would be nice to have as a spare if he will part with it.

duc slayer
10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
oil cooler and rads could also be handy crash spares