PDA

View Full Version : 002 RS or PP 2CT or Corsa III

ee8
10-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Anyone has experience with any of the mentioned tires... Im looking for an alternative tire combo for street and track besides the oem Supercorsas.

All 3, the Bridgestone 002 RS, Michelin Pilor Power 2CT and the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III are street legal and good for a few Track Days... ecactly what Im looking for... but I would like some feedback from anyone who has used them, specially regarding suspension set-up differences after fitting them?

planttec
10-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Corsa III's work well for me. Road and Track. have them on all my two wheelers.

Loved the Pro's but not a great street tyre and completely fuggin useless when there is a hint of dampness in the air.

Tyres seem to have been done on here quite often so try a search and see what you come up with.

ee8
10-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Corsa III's work well for me. Road and Track. have them on all my two wheelers.

Loved the Pro's but not a great street tyre and completely fuggin useless when there is a hint of dampness in the air.

Tyres seem to have been done on here quite often so try a search and see what you come up with.

Thanks. I think there isnt much on the stones however.:cheers:

hunter7477
10-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I've recently put on the PCIII's, very good tire, quite sticky but no greasy feel like with the qualifier after getting them good and warmed up. As with most dual purpose tires the rubber starts to ball up a bit but no significant slippage. Running the 190 rear I made no adjustments to travel on the bike and the steering was never an issue.

stankflapper
10-13-2007, 03:39 PM
No problems round the IOM mountain circuit with Mich 2ct's. Nice rubber.

Poussin
10-14-2007, 05:16 AM
I use 002 R Type 3 front and rear, and I use the bike only for the track.

Pretty good tires.

The shape of the tire helps turning in.
The front end is quite amazing : I've nerver loosed the front wheel in 2 years.
The rear end is predictible : you feel when it's begining to slip.

I change the rear every 5 to 6 hours of track riding.
I change the front every 8 to 9 hours.

HRTSR
10-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Get a set of the new Dunlop NTEC tires. You wont be disappointed

Jack_RSV
10-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I'll go to SuperCorsa PRO for Street/Trackdays: street legal and dual type of grip (softer on the edge, harder in the middle) :plus:

:cheers:

hank
10-14-2007, 11:54 AM
This is a good article from SuperBike magazine (UK) - the DC III was rated higher than the SC Pro...

http://www.zinio.com/express2?issue=206338267

ee8
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I think Im gonna try the Pirelli Corsa III, to get also better milleage on the road...