www.apriliamana.com

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5SGTe3K0ms

effort1
10-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Is that going to be sold in the US?

mybug
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes, I believe it is expected to be sold in the U.S.

I believe Aprilia USA has taken orders from dealers. AF1 I believe has some on order.

effort1
10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I wonder if our local Dealer Reno Yamaha Aprilia will get some?

bobdavis73
10-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Anyone have a clue on price yet?

I think the concept is awesome. I love the helmet box. I would use it for a tank bag instead.

Bob

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
delivery towards the end of next year late Q3 or Q4.

all dealers can order them now

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM

I think the concept is awesome. I love the helmet box. I would use it for a tank bag instead.

Bob

no pricing set....somewhere between $9-13K is what we were told

wolfxci
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
no pricing set....somewhere between $9-13K is what we were told

Ouch!!!!!! I'd like one for commuting, but that's a bit steep.

Silver-Bolt
10-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Any guesses on what it will weigh?

skooter
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Any guesses on what it will weigh?

The specs say 417-lbs dry.

When will this bike be available in the USA for purchase?
I'm hearing June 08 from some people and November 08 from others.

Shorts
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM

10-10-2007 01:22 AM
Ed / AF1 Racing delivery towards the end of next year late Q3 or Q4.

all dealers can order them now

Deduced from Eds reply, I wouldn't think earlier than Fall 08. Early 09 seems more likely.

OreoGaborio
10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
integrated storage up front... no linkage rear shock... right side chain drive.... TOTALLY different transmission...

wow... Talk about taking things in a new direction & trying new things! :cheers:

bobdavis73
10-16-2007, 05:28 PM
There is no oil cooler!!!!

Ed / AF1 Racing
03-26-2008, 02:44 PM

curb weight is 506 lbs

figure very late 08 for delivery

we just got our tech presentation for the Mana......the ECVT is pretty cool, it has logic built into it to determine belt wear, and gives you a warning light when the belt is worn. As the belt wears, it compensates the ratios to keep it in the proper "gear". The sensors have to be reset after a belt swap.

pete roper
03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
curb weight is 506 lbs

we just got our tech presentation for the Mana......the ECVT is pretty cool, it has logic built into it to determine belt wear, and gives you a warning light when the belt is worn. As the belt wears, it compensates the ratios to keep it in the proper "gear". The sensors have to be reset after a belt swap.

Neat. I'm a Guzzi service agent in Oz but don't do Aprilia per-se BUT I get all the Axone downloads for the 'prilas as they come with the Guzzi ones. Do you re-set the sensors with the Axone via the ECU or does the on-board diagnostic system allow you to do it off the dash?

Thanks.

Pete

pete roper
03-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Bob

From the Daily Torygraph article linked elsewhere the price in the UK was 6,100UK Pounds. Generally bikes are less expensive in the US and more expensive in Oz. I'm expecting a RRP of about $18,000AU here but I've got to speak to the importer today so I'll ask and if you take a sort of comparative view with other Aprilia models you should end up with roughly what it's likely to cost.

As it is I'm whining at the importer here for the first 8V Griso off the boat in mid April. Since I'm not an agent for aprilia I'll probably have to buy mine off a 'Dealer' :mad: and since theone closest to me is a retard I'll probably end up buying it in Melbourne or Hobart in Tasmania!

Pete

1stscoot
04-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Local dealer here in California expects them in a few weeks. They said price would be around $10,000. I definitely will test drive this one.

SilverBeo
04-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Local dealer here in California expects them in a few weeks. They said price would be around $10,000. I definitely will test drive this one.

:plus::plus::plus:
1stscoot, Looks like you used one of Kevins sticker layouts as your Avatar! Do you have that sticker on your scoot?
I may as well get early on the MANA 850 forum - Being I will be one of the first U.S. owners to get in the the earliest shipments...With no Aprilia Dealers for 100 miles if any one see's one let me know, Im planing my trip!!!

1stscoot
04-21-2008, 09:09 PM
:plus::plus::plus:
1stscoot, Looks like you used one of Kevins sticker layouts as your Avatar! Do you have that sticker on your scoot?

Yeah, he made that up for me with pictures I sent him. That is the actual profile of my bike. I actually have the stickers on my car windows, which I drive very little now!

SilverBeo
04-24-2008, 02:41 AM
I am hearing at best now the U.S. will not see a MANA 850 until FALL - After summer! Hope this is wrong,,,Selling after the good weather not sure who will be looking at bikes that time of year. :confused: I will with near year round riding here but will there be enough word from us few to get good sales in its first U.S. run? Honda's 919 bike will be moving to a Automatic model I hear soon "will it beat the MANA to the punch"? Time will only tell on this one....

skooter
04-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Honda's 919 bike will be moving to a Automatic model I hear soon "will it beat the MANA to the punch"?

I haven't head this Honda 919 Automatic rumor. Where did you hear this? If true, I assume this bike will use the same hydraulic transmission as the Honda DN-01 which is already available in Japan and should be available in the EU, UK, and AU later this year; don't know about the USA. Hydraulic systems are used in heavy industry for high torque transference so this hydraulic transmission should provide amazing off-the-line performance.

If this is true and a Honda 919 Automatic is available in the USA sometime this year then Honda will be getting my $10,000 dollars. I hope the Aprilia Mana gets here first but I can't hold my breath for these guys. It's anybody's guess when the Mana will actually get to the USA and Piaggio/Aprilia is rather notorious for pushing back delivery dates; could be Fall of 2009 or Spring 2010 for all we know.

SilverBeo
04-24-2008, 11:31 PM
I haven't head this Honda 919 Automatic rumor. Where did you hear this? If true, I assume this bike will use the same hydraulic transmission as the Honda DN-01 which is already available in Japan and should be available in the EU, UK, and AU later this year; don't know about the USA. Hydraulic systems are used in heavy industry for high torque transference so this hydraulic transmission should provide amazing off-the-line performance.

If this is true and a Honda 919 Automatic is available in the USA sometime this year then Honda will be getting my $10,000 dollars. I hope the Aprilia Mana gets here first but I can't hold my breath for these guys. It's anybody's guess when the Mana will actually get to the USA and Piaggio/Aprilia is rather notorious for pushing back delivery dates; could be Fall of 2009 or Spring 2010 for all we know.

Take this for what it is but the sales man at the Honda Dealer told me! In fact he said lots of Changes are in the works at honda and the wind of Auto Cycles is moving in that Direction...

As for the MANA - Heres a Quote: The Mana is Due in JUNE, and that’s been confirmed eye-to-eye this Monday at a dealer meeting in Houston
ARE YOU READY???:cheers: