PDA

View Full Version : new goodies on my RSVR Mille

dmartin
09-25-2007, 03:29 PM
well i finally got the factory ohlins rear shock put on today. that makes it the 3rd upgrade this month...

pazzos
clear taillight
rear ohlins

next up is the rear brake warranty replacement. I guess someone figured out how to get that puppy working. I'll believe it when i see/feel it.

Does anyone recommend a heat shield for the rear shock? i see a spigut hole to mount one on the mid pipe.

Ape Man 2007
09-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Pictures ?

novos
09-25-2007, 03:57 PM
try going the extra mile and using exhaust wrap on the headers by the master, and using a piece of 1/8 - 1/4" aluminum sheet to make yourself a heat shield, which you can mount using the same mounting screws that hold the master to the engine case!

dmartin
09-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Pictures ?

ok ok, i will get off my butt and buy some batteries for my camera. the clear tail light sure looks trick, not to mention the ohlins seems a bit shinier than the old sachs ;)

dmartin
09-25-2007, 04:16 PM
try going the extra mile and using exhaust wrap on the headers by the master, and using a piece of 1/8 - 1/4" aluminum sheet to make yourself a heat shield, which you can mount using the same mounting screws that hold the master to the engine case!

sounds good, any pics of that? i'm not too up on exhaust wraps and shielding.

derrickhackman
09-25-2007, 04:45 PM
here is a good mod ... take off your air intake and smooth out the inside so as to remove the rain ramps and flapper ... one big pipe to the air box. this is one mod that will take a ton of time and not really buy you anything :cheers:

yes, i did do this mod... :burnout:

Jack_RSV
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
:funnypost:

I'll do it when I come back home next time... (@ the end of the month :happy:)

:cheers:

derrickhackman
09-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Jack, you away on military deployment?

dmartin
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
took pictures of the additional equipment i had put on the bike recently. I hate my camera as it doesn't capture the real red of this beauty. but y'all know what aprilia red really looks like anyway.

The Dr.Jon
09-28-2007, 04:39 AM
What screen do you have on the bike and is it much better at deflecting the wind than standard?

ARAIHEAD
09-28-2007, 04:51 AM
What screen do you have on the bike and is it much better at deflecting the wind than standard?

Not round a git fat twat like you it wont!:eek::bump:

Ape Man 2007
09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
took pictures of the additional equipment i had put on the bike recently. I hate my camera as it doesn't capture the real red of this beauty. but y'all know what aprilia red really looks like anyway.

NICE !!! :worship::worship:

I will start doing my mods now. Insurance is off and she's sitting in my garage waiting for parts.

She'll be a little different next riding season.

dmartin
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM

it is a Puig, and the lip doesn't cut across the guage cluster like the stock one does during more upright riding. i've tested this screen at around 250kph. (with the exchange rate virtually at par, guess what that is ;) i had a full backpack on and it does help.

dmartin
09-28-2007, 11:06 AM

I will start doing my mods now. Insurance is off and she's sitting in my garage waiting for parts.

Ya during the winter here in victoria (rain rain and more rain) i usually store the litre bikes and use my gixxer 600 for some dry weather riding off and on. I have been bidding on an 05 MV F4 this week too, but alas, the current bid just exceeded what i was willing to spend.

aprsv2007fl
09-28-2007, 01:06 PM

sucks to be you, putting your bike away for the next 7 months....
i moved from toronto to florida in 1992.
i do not miss canada one bit.
now if it would COOL down a bit. its just way to hot and humid during the day.
http://www.netnes.com/images/CompanyLogos/leo6.jpg

dmartin
09-28-2007, 01:22 PM
not in south BC we don't put them away for 7 months. maybe 2 or 3 months tops. i keep my 600 insured for the 2 or 3 dry days we have during the week in winter. only rain here usually. still, i have though of doing arizona for the winter, since i am in the internet biz anyways.

Ape Man 2007
09-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Hey dmartin,

I'm just a ferry ride away from you. (Richmond)

Yup, my baby is now resting for the season.

Mods here and Mods there will be my winter project for her. Hope it will turn out good next season.

First on the list:

Cored Pipes
R&G Frame Sliders
Fork and Swing arm sliders
Ohlins Steering Damper
A few decals here and there

Jack_RSV
09-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Jack, you away on military deployment?

No Derrick, I've a 2 months course about flight safety in Rome (@ home :burnout:) so I'm going to have a lot of free time (I hope...:) ) and money to spend :happy:

minton96
09-29-2007, 05:53 PM
aprsv2007fl,

How were you able to keep your passenger pegs with those Leo High mounts???:plus:

aprsv2007fl
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM
the high mount kit from leo vince comes with longer bolts & spacers, but i took the passenger pegs off the bike now. i sold them to a forum member, the bike is at the dealer till tommorow, so i will get updated pics up asap.