PDA

View Full Version : Picture request....

U235Power
10-30-2003, 10:36 AM
I've pretty much decided that the Tuono is what I am going to own before too long, but I would like a picture to check something out.....

Could some take a picture of the right side foot peg area? Primarily interested in the where it attached to the frame and everything else that is attached to it as well... Rear brake and brake lines.

What I'm looking at doing is possibly machining a bracket that will move the ped down and forward about 1 inch or a little more. My right knee was folded sideways in an accident tearing 3 of the 4 knee ligements (ACL, PCL and MCL) and was rebuilt. Needless to say my range of motion is not 100% in that leg anymore and the inch down and forward would probably help emensely for long distances. I did this with my TL1000R and it worked out great and was barely noticable.

cggunnersmate
10-30-2003, 12:20 PM
I can probably have one posted for you tomorrow. I'm pulling the bike out this afternoon so if I remember to take the digicam home I'll snap some closeups of the peg. I've been meaning to take some with the new bar-end mirror anyway.

:bond:

Ricky J
10-30-2003, 01:33 PM
I too have a picture at home you might find useful, but it's with Harris rearsets. Will post it anyway tonight...

Drt Boy
10-30-2003, 02:06 PM
So I took a few for you .......... hope they help.

DB

Drt Boy
10-30-2003, 02:08 PM
Hope this helps.

clarkie49
10-30-2003, 03:57 PM
i got an easier option for you.

Aprilia and Harris (and a few others) make rearsets that have the peg on an eccentric cam (like the toe piece for the brake pedal) and you can move the pegs down and forward almost an inch. i too mave a dodgy knee (nowhere near as bad as yours) and by doing this it gave me about an inch more between the tank and my knee.

where in NH are you if you dont mind me asking?

Clarkie

U235Power
10-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Drt Boy:
Thanks for the pics... Any chance you could get one a little wider showing more of the brake lever and the mounting point there.

Clarkie:
I'm in Keene, NH... Southwest corner of the state.

clarkie49
10-30-2003, 08:47 PM
chip - i know its a couple of hours away but we (seacoast sport cycles) are having our grand opening at the new shop in derry, NH

check out the website if you get a chance and if possible come over and check out the new shop, meet a couple of guys off the forum and i should be able to answer any other questions for you.

Clarkie
www.seacoastsport.com

cornercarver
10-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Most of the rearsets that I've looked at don't actually go lower than stock, although they can giveyou more room by moving your feet back. The one set that I KNOW give a lower foot positino is the Acculign adjustable rearsets, available from AF1 racing at this website.

As for accessing the brake pedal and decreasing the range of motino necessary to activate it... I wouldn't worry about it too much, since it won't work for more than a couple of hours after each bleed, anyway.

I bled mine 2 weeks ago and it won't even keep the bike from rolling backwards on a hill right now.

--sam

Ricky J
10-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Don't know if this shot gives you anything but... http://www.apriliaforum.com/03forumpics/051203/IMG_0186.jpg

Kid Thunder
10-31-2003, 01:30 AM
U235 Power,
Check this website. www.southbaymoto.com. I have a bad knee & this made all the difference in the world! I can now ride with no pain. The bracket can bring the peg forward some & lower it 1 1/2 inches. I have it set one notch from the bottom. It looks much better on the bike than in the picture.

thunderex
10-31-2003, 04:23 AM
i have the southbaymoto adjustables as well. so does king atlas. they make a big difference and can probably save you the trouble of making a new set.

here's a straight link to that page. (http://www.southbaymoto.com/html/pages/aprilia_parts.htm)

cggunnersmate
10-31-2003, 07:30 AM
Here's the pic I promised.

U235Power
10-31-2003, 12:50 PM
again, you guys are great... Thanks for the pics. They will definitely come in handy for me to plan what I might do... If anything...

U235Power
10-31-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by clarkie49
chip - i know its a couple of hours away but we (seacoast sport cycles) are having our grand opening at the new shop in derry, NH

check out the website if you get a chance and if possible come over and check out the new shop, meet a couple of guys off the forum and i should be able to answer any other questions for you.

Clarkie
www.seacoastsport.com

Clarkie,

I was planning coming over to see you guys... I called a couple weeks ago and I'm supposed to be getting a call when you guys get the Red Tuono in that is due sometime next week from the last ETA I got over the phone.

Doesn't matter what direction I travel, seems like there's an Aprilia dealer two hours away (East, West, North, South).

I've heard good things about you guys on the CycleWorld Forum.

-chip-